The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Richard Armitage about BOFA

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Apr 12 2014, 4:20pm

Post #1 of 7 (732 views)
Shortcut
Richard Armitage about BOFA Can't Post

"…even the title, the Battle Of The Five Armies, suggests something that is going to be pretty epic. When I saw the model of the battle ground, which was in a little secret room that you could sneak into and take a look at, something made me realise that Tolkien’s description of that battle is quite limited to where Peter has expanded it to."

So I guess that involves Dale, and the ground before the gates and the gates itself, or will we have a crazy CRAZy thing?

I feel PJ is going to do is desired WWII airbattle with bats and eagles something very crazy like at the end of King Kong, I felt there very impress with the hights

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

Annatar598
Rohan

Apr 12 2014, 5:49pm

Post #2 of 7 (377 views)
Shortcut
This is the ultimate fantasy battle [In reply to] Can't Post

So it should be wackier than anything we've seen before.

The name should give it away, if nothing else!

Please let TABA be more than 3 hours :(

"[Annatar598] is an overzealous apologist [for PJ]" - Certain TORn member.

Really? Alright...

Well, proud to be one I guess.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Apr 12 2014, 6:04pm

Post #3 of 7 (352 views)
Shortcut
i hope it tops every battle in LOTR's! [In reply to] Can't Post

i think PJ knows this will be the last Tolkien film for a long time so he knows TABA should go out with a bang!

photo 1bf768b4-0b33-420d-9c59-41ea3cf03def_zps1d44c4cf.jpg

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 12 2014, 10:29pm

Post #4 of 7 (244 views)
Shortcut
Agree TABA needs to be long [In reply to] Can't Post

Can even be a marketing thing of sorts.

"Richard Armitage’s performance has been one of the best things about the new trilogy, making you believe that a hairy dwarf, so often the comedy element of the LOTR films, can be a heroic, tortured, and dangerous badass." - Den of Geek, The Hobbit: There & Back Again, 7 Apr 2014 - 07:07

wonderinglinguist
Lorien

Apr 12 2014, 11:01pm

Post #5 of 7 (237 views)
Shortcut
I don't know [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it should be a huge battle, of course, but in my opinion it shouldn't top the battles in RoTK (as part of the War of the Ring). Something in scale along the lines of the battle of Helm's Deep, I think, would be appropriate.

keep smiling Smile

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Apr 13 2014, 2:01am

Post #6 of 7 (222 views)
Shortcut
Well Bofa could be bigger than Pelennor because it could perfectly be a battle among the many War of the Ring hosted [In reply to] Can't Post

I mean, I think the size of the battle doesn´t matter, what happened in the War of the Ring is that there were many battles like this or like that at the same time, a fact that I would like movies could have captured better. You dont have the global sense of a war and you think that all is decided in the battles you see on the screen, and for example in Erebor and Lorien there were battles too

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Apr 13 2014, 3:00pm

Post #7 of 7 (136 views)
Shortcut
I am thinking something along the lines [In reply to] Can't Post

Of Narnia like in the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe battle. Something more whimsical but also bloody.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.