The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Azog vs Bolg

boldog
Rohan

Apr 10 2014, 10:02am

Post #1 of 6 (1726 views)
Shortcut
Azog vs Bolg Can't Post

Who would win? The slower but powerful father or the quicker but cunning son? i have no idea on this. personally i believe they are equally matched

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Apr 10 2014, 12:42pm

Post #2 of 6 (1611 views)
Shortcut
Bolg [In reply to] Can't Post

Because he is younger.

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 10 2014, 4:15pm

Post #3 of 6 (1602 views)
Shortcut
I'll go with King Log. [In reply to] Can't Post

Or, more specifically, King Oaken Log.

A fox passing through the wood on business of his own stopped several minutes and sniffed. "A chicken crossing the road!" he thought. "Well, what next? I have heard of strange doings in this land, but I have seldom heard of a chicken crossing the road! There's something mighty queer behind this." He was quite right, but he never found out any more because he ate it.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 10 2014, 5:17pm

Post #4 of 6 (1600 views)
Shortcut
What a battle that would be! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd give the more experienced Azog a slight edge, though.

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Apr 10 2014, 9:00pm

Post #5 of 6 (1624 views)
Shortcut
Azog. [In reply to] Can't Post

"I taught you everything that you know. But I didn't teach you everything that I know. And I cheat!"

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

KingTurgon
Rohan

Nov 4 2014, 12:40am

Post #6 of 6 (1590 views)
Shortcut
Bolg [In reply to] Can't Post

Azog strikes me as more of a general/leader than fighter, whereas Bolg's role is more of a battlefield commander/combatant - and he's not afraid to get his hands dirty.

(This post was edited by KingTurgon on Nov 4 2014, 12:41am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.