Fàfnir
Rohan

Apr 8 2014, 8:50pm

Post #1 of 6 (959 views)
Shortcut
Lego Saruman in Dol Guldur ! Can't Post

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/...050/00050947_011.htm

Speaks for itself !

I don't know if it is from the soon to come first version of the game following the plots of the first two films or if it is a sneak peak from the There and back again DLC, but I would be surprised if such an important scene was revealed for first time in a Lego game, so I would bet on the second possibility.

(This post was edited by Fàfnir on Apr 8 2014, 8:58pm)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Apr 8 2014, 9:19pm

Post #2 of 6 (504 views)
Shortcut
Where's this picture from? I think... [In reply to] Can't Post

When you complete Lego games you can go back and replay levels as any character you want. I think someone has replayed Gandalf's Dol Guldur level but played as Saruman, just to make a cool screencap Wink Great pic, though!

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Apr 8 2014, 9:20pm)

Fàfnir
Rohan

Apr 8 2014, 9:22pm

Post #3 of 6 (561 views)
Shortcut
And an even more surprising picture ! [In reply to] Can't Post

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/...c-1396964491-013.jpg

Thorin with what appears to be Dol Guldur in the background ! Is this scene exclusive to the game ? I have no idea where it could take place in Taba, but I understand that these games stick quite well to the movies, so I am a bit puzzled here...

(This post was edited by Fàfnir on Apr 8 2014, 9:31pm)

Fàfnir
Rohan

Apr 8 2014, 9:30pm

Post #4 of 6 (456 views)
Shortcut
I didn't know that ! [In reply to] Can't Post

I found these pictures on Video game news website and they said they got this image along with some others from the official developpers (including the one i linked to below). Here's the source (it's in french) : http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2014/00071410-images-de-lego-le-hobbit.htm#news

I think it's quite a valuable explanation you just gave, but I would find it a bit dishonest from the game developers (if they're really the ones who took the shot) to show a picture hinting at content that is not really in the game

(This post was edited by Fàfnir on Apr 8 2014, 9:34pm)

deskp
Lorien

Apr 8 2014, 10:12pm

Post #5 of 6 (387 views)
Shortcut
well [In reply to] Can't Post

The content is very much in the game.. its a core part replaying the levels with new characters.

They could post a pic of the witch king dancing in bag end if they wanted. is very much possible to make happen.

Fàfnir
Rohan

Apr 11 2014, 9:43am

Post #6 of 6 (158 views)
Shortcut
Okay so I looked and you can't play as Saruman [In reply to] Can't Post

even with the cheat codes.

( Here's the list of character you can play with : http://www.gamefront.com/...-unlock-cheat-codes/ )

So this screencap does come from the campaign and illustrates the attack of Dol Guldur by the white council, or at least that's what I think.

Edit : I just saw the little "Work-In-Progress: There are more character codes available. Check back soon for new updates." So I guess it could still be cheat code screencap

(This post was edited by Fàfnir on Apr 11 2014, 9:54am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.