The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Who else is excited for TaBA marketing? Because... SMAAAUUUUUGGG

tsmith675
Gondor

Apr 6 2014, 1:11pm

Post #1 of 10 (790 views)
Shortcut
Who else is excited for TaBA marketing? Because... SMAAAUUUUUGGG Can't Post

I've been seeing all kinds of TV spots for the Bluray release of DoS and one thing they all have in common is that they are using Smaug as a marketing tool... Finally. And that made me think... I'm super excited for TaBA's marketing.

They don't have to hide him any longer and we'll get some super awesome marketing campaigns revolved around him. And that's am exciting thought don't you think?

Our destiny lies above us.

LordotRings93
Rohan

Apr 6 2014, 1:54pm

Post #2 of 10 (403 views)
Shortcut
Well.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Considering Smaug will only be in the film 20 minutes at most (depending how long the attack lasts), I don't think they'll wanna show all the footage of him attacking Lake-town. I think they'll mainly be focusing on the BOFA in this marketing campaign. Unless, of course, the Smaug/Necromancer rumor is true, and he's in it for more than 20 minutes. Tongue

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Glorfindela
Valinor

Apr 6 2014, 2:16pm

Post #3 of 10 (366 views)
Shortcut
I hope this happens [In reply to] Can't Post

I will be delighted if they feature Smaug in the marketing – he is such a wonderful creation. He would certainly be much stronger as a marketing tool than the ninja elves of last year.Angelic

I'd also like to see Thorin, Bilbo and Gandalf play prominent roles in the marketing, given how much they are generally liked as characters in The Hobbit films, and that their roles should be of key importance in the films.

tsmith675
Gondor

Apr 6 2014, 2:20pm

Post #4 of 10 (373 views)
Shortcut
Well, not even necessarily footage... [In reply to] Can't Post

But we'll see behind the scenes in vlogs, Smaug posters, etc. It'll be really awesome to see, since we couldn't see any Smaug in the marketing for DoS.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2014, 6:14pm

Post #5 of 10 (285 views)
Shortcut
i don't think Smaug will be the center of TABA marketing [In reply to] Can't Post

unless of course he comes back in the BOT5A, i think it will be a combination of smaug and the BOT5A.

photo 1bf768b4-0b33-420d-9c59-41ea3cf03def_zps1d44c4cf.jpg

(This post was edited by MouthofSauron on Apr 6 2014, 6:14pm)

tsmith675
Gondor

Apr 6 2014, 6:42pm

Post #6 of 10 (268 views)
Shortcut
No, but he will likely be a big part of it. [In reply to] Can't Post

More so than for DoS.

adnan
Rivendell

Apr 7 2014, 3:59pm

Post #7 of 10 (133 views)
Shortcut
Can't wait... [In reply to] Can't Post

I just want them to release a couple of cool Smaug-centric posters...an epic Smaug poster is something I've always craved.

Rivendell

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 7 2014, 7:13pm

Post #8 of 10 (109 views)
Shortcut
I wish I could be excited but WB can be so sloppy [In reply to] Can't Post

When WB wants to do good, like the gorgeous series of images from photographer Nils Israelson for AUJ. The haunting image of Thorin is one of the finest images of a movie character ever captured in a still image IMO (capturing Thorin's power and pain) and a permanent fixture for me on the wall. The rest of the dwarves and Gandalf all just gorgeous IMO and the true spirit of Middle Earth - and not cutesy.

But when WB is just doing the "good enough" job - meh. Wrong clothes, odd Photoshopping, sloppy work. So Smaug or not, I am more leery than anything. Unsure
Hope for the best *sigh*.

Elessar
Valinor

Apr 7 2014, 7:28pm

Post #9 of 10 (102 views)
Shortcut
I'm excited no doubt [In reply to] Can't Post

Seeing it all end is going to be exciting and sad in a way. I love these movies and how much I feel they do capture of Middle-earth. So I'm excited to take one last trip there on the big screen for a first time showing.

tarasaurus
Rohan

Apr 11 2014, 6:55am

Post #10 of 10 (60 views)
Shortcut
I hope so! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been saying how i can't believe people haven't JUMPED at the chance to market Smaug in every medium - I'm quite disappointed at the lack of his presence in terms of collectors items, merchandise, and things like that. I hope they bombard me with it for TABA Laugh

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.