Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
I can't get a post to delete even though it's still within the time limit

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Apr 5 2014, 3:12am

Post #1 of 7 (184 views)
Shortcut
I can't get a post to delete even though it's still within the time limit Can't Post

I had the thought to check the Reading Room only after I posted this link. Duh! Of course someone had already created a thread. Crazy I tried to delete my post, but even after confirming that I wanted to delete post, it wouldn't. Tongue

[link removed]

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.

Only when we stop stopping our lives can we begin to start starting them. - Prof. Whitman, Community

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Apr 5 2014, 3:26am)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 5 2014, 3:26am

Post #2 of 7 (155 views)
Shortcut
Hmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't know why it wouldn't delete for you, but no problem at all, 'tis all taken care of now. Smile

Yes - wonderful news about Tolkien's Beowulf! Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Apr 5 2014, 3:28am

Post #3 of 7 (157 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, dernwyn! [In reply to] Can't Post

Now my stupidity is a little less public. LaughTongue

Only when we stop stopping our lives can we begin to start starting them. - Prof. Whitman, Community

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 5 2014, 3:31am

Post #4 of 7 (166 views)
Shortcut
No, no! [In reply to] Can't Post

Now, don't go calling yourself names, like Sam!

There's no "stupidity" here - only pure enthusiasm. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 6 2014, 12:41am

Post #5 of 7 (135 views)
Shortcut
Do you think it might have been outside the edit window? [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't check the timing, but after the edit window has closed, the deletions won't take. Modar, of course, don't have an edit window. Cool

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2014, 1:32am

Post #6 of 7 (119 views)
Shortcut
Aww, thanks :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2014, 1:38am

Post #7 of 7 (124 views)
Shortcut
It was still inside the time limit [In reply to] Can't Post

But I think because time was running out, I was probably too hasty - shall we say Tongue - and didn't read the prompt correctly. Reads directions well: usually does not Laugh

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.