Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Just saw the first TV spot in my area for Dos on DVD and Blu-ray!

RangerLady23
Lorien

Apr 4 2014, 5:36pm

Post #1 of 14 (640 views)
Shortcut
Just saw the first TV spot in my area for Dos on DVD and Blu-ray! Can't Post

I know for some it isn't coming out yet and for others it's not even that big a deal to buy it, but I got excited! Only 4 more days to go!

(This post was edited by RangerLady23 on Apr 4 2014, 5:37pm)

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 4 2014, 5:46pm

Post #2 of 14 (314 views)
Shortcut
Yay!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Really looking forward to getting the DVD! It left theaters in my area months and months ago.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 4 2014, 6:09pm

Post #3 of 14 (318 views)
Shortcut
I got mine... [In reply to] Can't Post

... yesterday! Cool

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

Arandir
Gondor

Apr 4 2014, 6:14pm

Post #4 of 14 (328 views)
Shortcut
Was it similar to this? [In reply to] Can't Post

TV Spot #1

Brilliant spot btw - can't wait Smile

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
Why we Love 'Sherlock'
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

Kim
Valinor

Apr 4 2014, 6:15pm

Post #5 of 14 (308 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I've been seeing those all week! [In reply to] Can't Post

One night, I saw 4 different ones at successive commercial breaks, interesting to see how they differ. Should get mine next week! I'll have to figure out where to put my Guards of Erebor. Smile

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=719226;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 4 2014, 6:22pm

Post #6 of 14 (273 views)
Shortcut
Love your signature, Kim! [In reply to] Can't Post

WinkBlush

Kim
Valinor

Apr 4 2014, 6:27pm

Post #7 of 14 (267 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the inspiration! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's perfect! Smile

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=719226;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 4 2014, 6:46pm

Post #8 of 14 (266 views)
Shortcut
*blushes* [In reply to] Can't Post

No, thank *you*. I'm glad you like it. Evil

Dwarewien
Rohan

Apr 4 2014, 9:35pm

Post #9 of 14 (228 views)
Shortcut
I've seen about two TV spots so far... [In reply to] Can't Post

but since the latest one had scenes with Thorin (especially the scene when he approaches Erebor, love that scene, but it looks much better on a bigger screen and in 3D), I preferred that TV spot to the first one I saw.Wink

You have yours already, BlackFox? They haven't even mailed mine yet (I pre-ordered the 3D combo pack, even though I don't technically have a Blu-ray player yet, but I couldn't resist having Thorin on the cover). This is the first time I pre-ordered from Future Shop, so they may not mail it until Tuesday. When I pre-order from my local bookstore kiosk, they mail it on Friday (but it's also the most expensive place to buy it, so perhaps I should be ordering it from a cheaper retailer like Future Shop or Walmart). Another thing that Future Shop does, is that they don't charge you until they ship the item, and the last time I checked, the price dropped by two dollars (it was $29.99 when I pre-ordered it. It's now listed at $27.99, the same price as Amazon the last time I checked). This means that I'll be charged the cheaper price, so now the total will come to $31.59 (instead of $33.59).Smile

Far over the Misty Mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
We must away, ere break of day
To find our long-forgotten gold.

(This post was edited by Queen of Erebor on Apr 4 2014, 9:39pm)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 4 2014, 9:42pm

Post #10 of 14 (215 views)
Shortcut
Yep! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
You have yours already, BlackFox? They haven't even mailed mine yet (I pre-ordered the 3D combo pack, even though I don't technically have a Blu-ray player yet, but I couldn't resist having Thorin on the cover). This is the first time I pre-ordered from Future Shop, so they may not mail it until Tuesday. When I pre-order from my local bookstore kiosk, they mail it on Friday (but it's also the most expensive place to buy it, so perhaps I should be ordering it from a cheaper retailer like Future Shop or Walmart). Another thing that Future Shop does, is that they don't charge you until they ship the item, and last time I checked, the price dropped by two dollars (it was $29.99 when I pre-ordered it. It's now listed at $27.99, the same price as Amazon the last time I checked). This means that I'll be charged the cheaper price, so now the total will come to $31.59 (instead of $33.59).Smile

Yes, I bought the DVD (with just the film on it, no extra stuff) from my local book store yesterday (it's been on sale here in Estonia since the 2th). Got it for 14 euros (that's about 19 dollars).

davidjUK
Bree

Apr 4 2014, 10:13pm

Post #11 of 14 (213 views)
Shortcut
Three days... [In reply to] Can't Post

Three days to go and I'm excited! I've seen a TV spot today as well :)

Well it's almost midnight here in the UK so it's 2 days and 1 hour until release!! Tongue

RangerLady23
Lorien

Apr 5 2014, 6:14pm

Post #12 of 14 (100 views)
Shortcut
The one I saw was a little different, Arandir [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe TV Spot 2 or 3? I don't know.

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Apr 5 2014, 6:59pm

Post #13 of 14 (110 views)
Shortcut
I'm not excited. [In reply to] Can't Post

Waiting for the special extended edition here...

tsmith675
Gondor

Apr 5 2014, 8:39pm

Post #14 of 14 (96 views)
Shortcut
Nice.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Our destiny lies above us.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.