Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Vote in the Middle-earth March Madness Final Four! Some like it 'Hot!'

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Apr 2 2014, 10:59am

Post #1 of 9 (1239 views)
Shortcut
Vote in the Middle-earth March Madness Final Four! Some like it 'Hot!' Can't Post

final-fourThe Final Four are set! And in a stunning turn of events, Middle-earth has gone 'Hot!' In an unexpected twist of fate, the final four combatants are arguably the most swoon-worthy group of Middle-earth combatants ever.

First up, we have Thranduil facing off against Aragorn. Some staff are already dubbing this match-up as 'Team Sparkle' (Thranduil) vs. 'Team Stubble' (Aragorn).

And with Legolas dispatching Gandalf in the Elite Eight, we now have a Hobbit (film) showdown of epic proportions - Legolas vs. Thorin Oakenshield.

Will this be the first year we have an all Elven final? Can Aragorn finally put Team Sparkle out of the competition? Will the Richard Armitage Army dispatch Legolas? All is up in the air as the final four voting has begun!

Voting will last until 10pm ET on April 5th in this round. So let the Middle-earth March Madness continue! Happy Voting!

Download the Brackets! [Final Four] [Round 4] [Round 3] [Round 2] [Round 1]

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 2 2014, 4:46pm

Post #2 of 9 (1086 views)
Shortcut
Where's Gandalf?! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

Dwarewien
Rohan

Apr 2 2014, 10:18pm

Post #3 of 9 (1069 views)
Shortcut
He lost to Legolas... [In reply to] Can't Post

but I voted for Gandalf. Since Gandalf was the victor last year, I hope Thorin wins this year (it will match the covers of the 3D TE Blu-ray combo packs if this were to happen). We need to get those Elves out of there (though it looks like Thranduil may lose to Aragorn. Only time will tell)! It will be interesting if Thorin goes up against Thranduil (but if Legolas does, I won't be voting in the final round, since I don't care for either of them), because the scene in DoS where he blows up at the Elven King is one of my favorite scenes (can't wait to see it again next week).Smile

Far over the Misty Mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
We must away, ere break of day
To find our long-forgotten gold.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 2 2014, 10:26pm

Post #4 of 9 (1073 views)
Shortcut
I love this - Team Sparkle [In reply to] Can't Post

vs. Team Stubble. This final four is one for the fangirls Cool

Demosthenes
Sr. Staff

Apr 3 2014, 1:35am

Post #5 of 9 (1072 views)
Shortcut
Go Team Sparkle! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
vs. Team Stubble. This final four is one for the fangirls Cool

Nah, not just for the fangirls. I think it's hilarious.

Vote 1 Team Sparkle!

TheOneRing.net Senior Staff
IRC Admin and Hall of Fire moderator

Donry
Tol Eressea

Apr 3 2014, 6:38pm

Post #6 of 9 (1046 views)
Shortcut
Looks like [In reply to] Can't Post

we could have an all elven final here.....pretty-boy vs. pretty-boy's daddy. Blondie vs. blondier......

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

@DonryFetor

Dwarewien
Rohan

Apr 3 2014, 10:08pm

Post #7 of 9 (1051 views)
Shortcut
Then I won't be voting in the final round... [In reply to] Can't Post

since I don't care for either one of them. Though I may do a combination with my voting; sometimes I vote for who will win said contest, sometimes I vote for who I like better, I don't bother voting for characters (or things) that I don't care for. What's the point of that? But no matter who wins, Thorin will always be number one in my book, regardless of what happens to him in TABA. He'll still be my favorite, regardless of what happens. What kind of fan gives up on their favorite just because they may come to a bad end? Smile

Far over the Misty Mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
We must away, ere break of day
To find our long-forgotten gold.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 4 2014, 9:14am

Post #8 of 9 (1015 views)
Shortcut
Stubble! Stubble and trouble!! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
3rd draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - January 2, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

MirielCelebel
Rivendell

Apr 5 2014, 1:12am

Post #9 of 9 (1083 views)
Shortcut
The Thorin you like [In reply to] Can't Post

must only be the Richard Armitage (i.e. sexy) version. Tolkien certainly didn't create a likeable character.

"The Road goes ever on..."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.