Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Favorite game of thrones character?
Poll: Favorite game of thrones character?
Daenerys 9 / 17%
Bran 3 / 6%
Jon 7 / 13%
Caetlyn 1 / 2%
Tyrion 19 / 37%
Arya 12 / 23%
Joffrey 1 / 2%
52 total votes

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Apr 1 2014, 11:00pm

Post #1 of 9 (331 views)
Shortcut
Favorite game of thrones character? Can't Post

Any of these?

demnation
Rohan

Apr 2 2014, 4:41am

Post #2 of 9 (219 views)
Shortcut
Dany [In reply to] Can't Post

Probably my most favorite character. Jon Snow is someone I like in concept, but I tend to find him a little too brooding and boring. I know Tyrion is beloved by the fanbase, but for some reason I never think of him when Game of Thrones comes up.

Misto
Lorien

Apr 2 2014, 10:56am

Post #3 of 9 (210 views)
Shortcut
Out of these Arya [In reply to] Can't Post

She is the one I constantly keep to like. Jon and I... that's a bit of an on-off relationship. I lost interest in his character at some point but regained it by the time he... well. No spoilers intended but "became more important to Westeros" may be an acceptable way to put it, I hope.
Tyrion is quite good fun most of the time, but more of a punchline provider than a character, to me. Also, he got seriously boring for the greater part of A Dance with Dragons.
Never cared for Bran, and never particularly liked Cathryn or Joffrey. Daenerys was interesting for the first novel but after that? Oh my! Loose canon, to say the least. No clue about anything combined with power is never a good thing in my book. Never mind how well she may mean.

phij2
Rivendell

Apr 2 2014, 8:06pm

Post #4 of 9 (190 views)
Shortcut
Arya for sure [In reply to] Can't Post

i am only on the second book but i already feel like she is a sister.Laugh

But, seriously, is Joffrey really up as a "favourite character" option

maybe he could be the favourite character TO DIE Mad

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Apr 2 2014, 8:30pm

Post #5 of 9 (216 views)
Shortcut
Jon, Arya, Tyrion [In reply to] Can't Post

Jon and Arya from the book and Tyrion wins for me in the show.

(This post was edited by Arwen's daughter on Apr 2 2014, 8:30pm)

Belgarath

Apr 7 2014, 12:17pm

Post #6 of 9 (171 views)
Shortcut
Tyrion [In reply to] Can't Post

His wit and wisdom provides important comic relief in an otherwise very dark series.
Thankfully you made my choice easy by only picking specific characters and not leaving an 'other option', because I love so many characters in the series: Khal Drogo, the Old Bear, Ned Stark, Tywin Lannister, Robert Baratheon, Maester Aemon, Hodor...the list goes on.... Crazy

malickfan
Gondor

Apr 10 2014, 9:24pm

Post #7 of 9 (157 views)
Shortcut
Never watched it [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't got round to it yet (I haven't seen The Wire, Friends or Lost either) the long commitment of watching a TV series doesn't appeal to me that much and I'm a bigger fan of Cinema than TV (I'd rather one long film, than one long series twice the length), I also hate waiting years to reach the end of a series, especially when many series are a case of diminishing returns *Homeland*.

Not sure I'd like Game of Thrones that much anyway, seems a bit too coarse/heavy.

macfalk
Valinor

Apr 13 2014, 8:32am

Post #8 of 9 (167 views)
Shortcut
Other [In reply to] Can't Post

Ser Davos Seaworth, the onion knight. Because he is probably the one and only good and honest man left kicking in the series.

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 14 2014, 9:26pm

Post #9 of 9 (170 views)
Shortcut
The one who doesn't die. [In reply to] Can't Post

Er, wait....

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.