Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Aaarrgh!!! I've gone from being Half-elven to being Half-Vulcan!

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Apr 1 2014, 1:07pm

Post #1 of 21 (859 views)
Shortcut
Aaarrgh!!! I've gone from being Half-elven to being Half-Vulcan! Can't Post

Well I guess I still have pointy ears EvilLaugh

*True story, we used to call my second brother Spock, because he was fond of saying "That's illogical"* LaughLaugh

Bag ENZ Home of the Hobbit *with thanks to cameragod ;D*

One by one they faded, and fell into shadow...

One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

(This post was edited by Kelvarhin on Apr 1 2014, 1:08pm)

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 1 2014, 1:16pm

Post #2 of 21 (776 views)
Shortcut
Aacccck!! I cannae change the laws of physics! [In reply to] Can't Post

But ye' admins can change the laws of profiles a wee bit, eh Laugh??

Inferno
Superuser / Moderator

Apr 1 2014, 2:19pm

Post #3 of 21 (773 views)
Shortcut
You did see the news on the main page, yes? [In reply to] Can't Post

Leonard Nimoy's doing the end credit music for TABA, so it seemed a logical choice (if you'll excuse the pun), for the naming convention today.

Evil

Inferno.

======================
Good night, tOR.Nados. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely delete you in the morning.
======================

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Apr 1 2014, 4:00pm

Post #4 of 21 (749 views)
Shortcut
Damnit Loresilme, I'm a daughter not a physicist // [In reply to] Can't Post

Warning: the preceding message may contain satire, sarcasm, irony, puns, and other attempts at humor.
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

silneldor
Half-elven

Apr 1 2014, 4:16pm

Post #5 of 21 (752 views)
Shortcut
This is .."fascinating" [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh*spreads fingers, 2x2*

" 'Fair lady Goldberry!' said Frodo at last, feeling his heart move with a joy that he did not understand. He stood as he had at times stood enchanted by fair elven-voices; but the spell that was now laid upon him was different: less keen and lofty was the delight, but deeper and nearer to mortal heart; marvellous and yet not strange."

Chapter VII: In the House of Tom Bombadil; FOTR's

Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are one in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted."
— J.R.R. Tolkien

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 1 2014, 8:19pm

Post #6 of 21 (732 views)
Shortcut
Fascinating indeed. [In reply to] Can't Post

And might I say how well that haircut suits you, brother?

Have an idea relating to the world of JRR Tolkien that you would like to write about? If so, the Third TORn Amateur Symposium will be running in the Reading Room April, 2014. *The Call for Submissions is up*!

**And Rem, you are doing that CoH chapter. Don't forget. **

Kim
Valinor

Apr 1 2014, 8:56pm

Post #7 of 21 (730 views)
Shortcut
Hey, I'm Sulu! [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool. Guess I'd better learn how to swordfight. Brethil? Meneldor? Lessons? Laugh

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=719226;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 1 2014, 9:17pm

Post #8 of 21 (746 views)
Shortcut
I Am Not Spock. [In reply to] Can't Post

Great book. Recommended.

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 1 2014, 9:28pm

Post #9 of 21 (723 views)
Shortcut
Loved it. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd heard that there were those who misunderstood the title, and thought Nimoy was antagonistic towards his iconic character.

When just the opposite was true. Loved the "conversations" between Nimoy and Spock. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 1 2014, 10:32pm

Post #10 of 21 (714 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely. While we are NOT watching Thorin. // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Cool. Guess I'd better learn how to swordfight. Brethil? Meneldor? Lessons? Laugh

Have an idea relating to the world of JRR Tolkien that you would like to write about? If so, the Third TORn Amateur Symposium will be running in the Reading Room April, 2014. *The Call for Submissions is up*!

**And Rem, you are doing that CoH chapter. Don't forget. **

Meneldor
Valinor

Apr 1 2014, 10:35pm

Post #11 of 21 (713 views)
Shortcut
Pointy end goes in the other guy. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Apparently I can sing on pitch for the first time in my life.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 1 2014, 10:36pm

Post #12 of 21 (717 views)
Shortcut
No more blah, blah, blah! [In reply to] Can't Post

just beam me up, Scotty.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 1 2014, 10:40pm

Post #13 of 21 (715 views)
Shortcut
Bwahaha! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh man, I do love a good "not a...." quote.

My favorite is still "I'm a doctor, not an escalator!" Laugh

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2014, 11:04pm

Post #14 of 21 (703 views)
Shortcut
checking who I became...// [In reply to] Can't Post

I like Sulu.

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com
Home of TheOneRing.net Best FanFic stories of 2005 and 2006 "The Last Grey Ship" and "Ashes, East Wind, Hope That Rises" by Erin Rua

(Found in Mathoms, LOTR Tales Untold)

(This post was edited by sevilodorf on Apr 1 2014, 11:04pm)

Lissuin
Valinor

Apr 1 2014, 11:56pm

Post #15 of 21 (700 views)
Shortcut
Sulu! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sulu?

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Apr 2 2014, 12:58am

Post #16 of 21 (686 views)
Shortcut
Yep ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

Just playing along CoolLaugh

Been a lot of interesting comments on the frontpage over this years April Fools posts, spent most of yesterday just approving them and having a good laugh EvilLaugh

Bag ENZ Home of the Hobbit *with thanks to cameragod ;D*

One by one they faded, and fell into shadow...

One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Apr 2 2014, 1:01am

Post #17 of 21 (683 views)
Shortcut
Mask of Zorro! [In reply to] Can't Post

*phew* I could not think of where that quote came from for a second. Man that was going to bug me...

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Apr 2 2014, 1:09am

Post #18 of 21 (685 views)
Shortcut
* hailing frequencies open * [In reply to] Can't Post

Clearly the space-time continuum has been recklessly warped again but by what senseless daredevil? Wait, are Radagast's sleigh bunnies on holiday again? I knew those bird droppings leading to the Bridge meant something ....

You are what you read.

squire
Half-elven

Apr 2 2014, 1:36am

Post #19 of 21 (691 views)
Shortcut
"Oh yes, you are." [In reply to] Can't Post

It's apocryphal, but I heard that that was the entirety of one review of Nimoy's book.

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Footeramas: The 3rd & 4th TORn Reading Room LotR Discussion and NOW the 1st BotR Discussion too! and "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
squiretalk introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

Kim
Valinor

Apr 2 2014, 2:08am

Post #20 of 21 (684 views)
Shortcut
"stick 'em with the pointy end" [In reply to] Can't Post

It took me several moments to realize that you meant that because you're Uhura, not because of an unfortunate incident with the pointy end of a sword! Laugh

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=719226;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed

Meneldor
Valinor

Apr 2 2014, 5:08am

Post #21 of 21 (677 views)
Shortcut
Reports of my neutering have been greatly exaggerated. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hugely so! Cool

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.