The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
Look what I found

Alassea Elensar
Rivendell

Mar 5 2007, 1:48am

Post #1 of 6 (6290 views)
Shortcut
Look what I found Can't Post

on eBay. Someone has done a very nice pen-and-ink drawing of The Eagle and Child pub. It's quite detailed, and looks like it might have taken a long time to do. If you'd like to see it, you can find it here. Hope the link works. Smile

Admins, my apologies if this is in the wrong place. Also, feel free to delete the message if you think it's not appropriate. Thanks!

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 5 2007, 3:50am

Post #2 of 6 (5335 views)
Shortcut
Entirely appropriate, Alassea [In reply to] Can't Post

Though now that we have a 'collecting' board, it's probably more appropriate here. I moved it from Main, but left a marker, so you and other people will be able to find it. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the boards that are given to us"

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 5 2007, 3:35pm

Post #3 of 6 (5345 views)
Shortcut
ooo! I love it! [In reply to] Can't Post

http://cgi.ebay.com/...tem#ebayphotohosting

There's no link, so I went in and just typed in Eagle and Child and this is the only thing that really came up. Is this the one you mean?

I looked at the rest of the artist's site, and I love how they've basically caricatured the locations but still kept them warm and enchanting. Thanks for sharing this! :D Lovely!

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Patty
Immortal

Mar 5 2007, 10:10pm

Post #4 of 6 (5295 views)
Shortcut
Very neat... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for posting it. It's bigger than I had thought, but it makes me understand even better where The Green Dragon came from.

Welcome to Rivendell, Patty Baggins

Alassea Elensar
Rivendell

Mar 6 2007, 7:43pm

Post #5 of 6 (5281 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, Altaira! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry about that. Blush There are so many new boards to read now that I can't keep up. I didn't even realize that there *was* a Gaming and Collecting board. I guess I should get away from the Main and Off Topic boards, and start doing a little 'site' seeing. Wink

Alassea Elensar
Rivendell

Mar 6 2007, 7:51pm

Post #6 of 6 (6031 views)
Shortcut
Maybe it's just your computer, gramma [In reply to] Can't Post

Or maybe you just can't see the link. It works fine for me. Hover your cursor over the word 'here' (in my original post), and it should show a link for you.

Of course, since you already found the pic, I guess you really don't need the link any more. Wink

(This post was edited by Alassea Elensar on Mar 6 2007, 7:53pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.