Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
I hope thorin not be dead on the next hobbit film

alanrao

Mar 25 2014, 3:29am

Post #1 of 7 (230 views)
Shortcut
I hope thorin not be dead on the next hobbit film Can't Post

do u like thorin?I like him very much,but he will die on JRR TOLKIENˇ® novel,I hope change the endSmile

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Mar 25 2014, 3:46am

Post #2 of 7 (125 views)
Shortcut
I take it you've read the book but would prefer a different ending? [In reply to] Can't Post

I suppose a death-bed change of heart is the epitomy of the folly of war - so much terrible waste for a human (or dwarf...) purpose. I do wish that Tolkien had left Fili or Kili alive, though.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

alanrao

Mar 25 2014, 3:58am

Post #3 of 7 (117 views)
Shortcut
yes,u are right,I like kili and feli too [In reply to] Can't Post

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Mar 25 2014, 1:10pm

Post #4 of 7 (93 views)
Shortcut
Yeah... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's probably that Tolkien saw so many young people, full of hope and potential, cut down on the Somme that influenced the decision there. It'd have been nice to see them survive, especially after getting to see them for the first time and know them beyond their hood/beard colours, but we will see.... Will PJ want to continue with divergence from the books even more?

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Mar 25 2014, 3:39pm

Post #5 of 7 (86 views)
Shortcut
We will be lucky if it is only Thorin and his nephews [In reply to] Can't Post

Peter Jackson might not be able to resist the temptation to kill off another member of the company or two. The animated movie did away with some extra Dwarves itself. Then there is the question of whether Tauriel will survive or become a casualty of the Battle of the Five Armies.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Loresilme
Valinor

Mar 25 2014, 4:18pm

Post #6 of 7 (76 views)
Shortcut
It's going to be hard [In reply to] Can't Post

the ending is going to be so sad Unsure. Guess we have to wait and see how it goes.

And, welcome to the TORn boards, alanrao Smile!

RangerLady23
Lorien

Mar 25 2014, 6:03pm

Post #7 of 7 (83 views)
Shortcut
I wish so too [In reply to] Can't Post

But I fear it is too much to hope. PJ might and I say might very loosely, not kill off Fili and Kili but Thorin is preety much a sure thing. Unsure Frown

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.