The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Aragorn vs Boromir and Faramir.

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Mar 22 2014, 3:36pm

Post #1 of 10 (3518 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn vs Boromir and Faramir. Can't Post

I found this question on another site a while back and there was a great deal of controversy surrounding it. Some people thought Aragorn could take on both of them and others that Boromir and Faramir would be too much. Opinions?

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Mar 22 2014, 7:04pm

Post #2 of 10 (3423 views)
Shortcut
I give the nod to Aragorn [In reply to] Can't Post

I think we’re talking around the time of the War of the Ring, 3018-ish?
It would be a close battle, but because of Aragorn’s age (87) and experience; and his use of the mighty sword Anduril, that he and “The Flame of the West” would eventually be victorious.
But what a SAD battle it would be, eh?
BTW: Boromir at this time was 40 years of age, and Faramir was 35.

From World's End then he turned away,
and yearned again to find afar .
his home through shadows journeying,
and burning as an island star . . .

-Bilbo Baggins

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Mar 22 2014, 10:24pm

Post #3 of 10 (3406 views)
Shortcut
Strange to think [In reply to] Can't Post

o Boromir and Faramir as being that old! But then numenoreans live longer.

demnation
Rohan

Mar 24 2014, 10:05am

Post #4 of 10 (3400 views)
Shortcut
I'd give the edge to Aragorn [In reply to] Can't Post

He has more experience.

"It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succour of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule." Gandalf, "The Last Debate."

Elskidor
Rohan

Mar 28 2014, 6:42pm

Post #5 of 10 (3380 views)
Shortcut
Boromir [In reply to] Can't Post

beats Aragorn solo.

Boromir beats the both in a one on one match
Aragorn beats Faramir
Faramir is the weakest link

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 28 2014, 7:54pm

Post #6 of 10 (3373 views)
Shortcut
Do the brothers take Aragorn on together? [In reply to] Can't Post

If the fight is two-to-one, then the odds are in favor of the brothers.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Mar 28 2014, 9:10pm

Post #7 of 10 (3377 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

Boromir and Faramir are fighting against Aragorn together. My question is do you think even Aragorn can take on them both.

Meneldor
Valinor

Mar 29 2014, 2:43am

Post #8 of 10 (3386 views)
Shortcut
If they're fighting in the open, such as an arena or a field, [In reply to] Can't Post

Boromir and Faramir would probably manage to outflank Aragorn and cut him down. But in the woods, Aragorn would use his superior stealth and tracking skills to gain the advantage over Boromir and Faramir.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Elskidor
Rohan

Mar 29 2014, 5:20pm

Post #9 of 10 (3379 views)
Shortcut
Not a chance [In reply to] Can't Post

Aragorn and Boromir would be an epic fight, where I think either could come out the victor. Toss in Faramir and Aragorn is dead shortly after fight begins. This is a no contest silly duel.

simplyaven
Grey Havens

Apr 14 2014, 1:08am

Post #10 of 10 (3447 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn wins [In reply to] Can't Post

Not only because of his experience but because of his exquisite skill with the sword and not least, his will and psyche. Aragorn who could fight a great number of Uruk-hai alone... I don't think either Boromir or Faramir had the same level skill in battle although they were, no doubt, good warriors. Just completely different level of training and skill to be passed upon the student. Aragorn had the chance to be raised and trained in an extraordinary environment and as we know Elves know battle. It's a different world from what Boromir and Faramir had the opportunity to see and learn, it matters.

Middle earth recipes archive

I believe

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.