Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Richard Armitage for Joel in the last of us movie?

Thorins_apprentice
Rohan

Mar 19 2014, 10:48am

Post #1 of 10 (804 views)
Shortcut
Richard Armitage for Joel in the last of us movie? Can't Post

Do you think he'd be a good pick?

Sam Raimi announced that there is an adaptation coming soon.

We are more connected than ever before, more able to spread our ideas and beliefs, our anger and fears. As we exercise the right to advocate our views, and as we animate our supporters, we must all assume responsibility for our words and actions before they enter a vast echo chamber and reach those both serious and delirious, connected and unhinged.

(This post was edited by Thorins_apprentice on Mar 19 2014, 10:51am)

Glorfindela
Valinor

Mar 19 2014, 11:52am

Post #2 of 10 (498 views)
Shortcut
What is this film? [In reply to] Can't Post

What would it be an adaptation of?

wonderinglinguist
Lorien

Mar 19 2014, 12:12pm

Post #3 of 10 (487 views)
Shortcut
I don't think he'd be a bad choice... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but I imagine more of a Russell Crowe/Gerard Butler type. A little older looking and more gritty.

keep smiling Smile

Loresilme
Valinor

Mar 19 2014, 12:47pm

Post #4 of 10 (461 views)
Shortcut
Sure he could [In reply to] Can't Post

Bet there will be lots of competition though. But I'd like to see him develop a voice (and accent) and manner for that role.
I wonder who they'll get for Ellie?

tsmith675
Gondor

Mar 19 2014, 12:50pm

Post #5 of 10 (453 views)
Shortcut
It's a recent video game.// [In reply to] Can't Post

"This day we FIGHT!"

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 19 2014, 12:53pm

Post #6 of 10 (484 views)
Shortcut
It's an adaptation of... [In reply to] Can't Post

A video game. But don't be put-off by the words "video game" it actually has an incredible story. Check the first level out, I dare you not to tear up!

http://youtu.be/aUZ3MKvUjx8

Glorfindela
Valinor

Mar 19 2014, 1:02pm

Post #7 of 10 (491 views)
Shortcut
I was instantly put off by the word 'video game'! [In reply to] Can't Post

Since I have never even looked at one of those, but you make it sound as though it may be interesting as a film.

RA is such a good actor that I'm sure he can play virtually any adult male role…

Imladris18
Lorien

Mar 19 2014, 4:09pm

Post #8 of 10 (413 views)
Shortcut
Exactly. [In reply to] Can't Post

People don't realize that video games have real writers with good stories with real scores/soundtracks behind them.

It's a shame they don't get respect "cuz video game."

Faleel
Rohan

Mar 19 2014, 6:21pm

Post #9 of 10 (388 views)
Shortcut
Agreed. [In reply to] Can't Post

Its somewhat like if someone said:

"I was instantly put off by word "Film"/"Movie", since I have never even looked at one of those, but you make it sound as though it may be interesting as a theater"

TheSexyBeard
Lorien

Mar 19 2014, 6:49pm

Post #10 of 10 (399 views)
Shortcut
Josh Brolin [In reply to] Can't Post

Armitgae could possibly be a good choice but I'm hoping for someone like Josh Brolin, or maybe even Hugh Jackman.

No one should be put of because it's a game, it's got a fantastic story along with some great performances from the mocapped cast of the game who managed to portray extremely human, vulnerabale and broken characters. Plus the soundtrack by Gustavo Santollala is awesome. It's arguably one of the best games in recrnt years and if done right could make a hell of a movie.

Yes, my username is terrible.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.