Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
WatchMojo.com: Top 10 Movie Wizards. Guess who made the cut?

BlackFox
Valinor

Mar 15 2014, 10:55am

Post #1 of 9 (269 views)
Shortcut
WatchMojo.com: Top 10 Movie Wizards. Guess who made the cut? Can't Post

WatchMojo.com has listed their Top 10 Movie Wizards. Guess who not only made the cut, but tops the list as well? Gandalf, of course! Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcpDOLofIlI

"Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere." - Albert Einstein

sherlock
Gondor

Mar 15 2014, 3:52pm

Post #2 of 9 (158 views)
Shortcut
Was that Helen [In reply to] Can't Post

Miren as Morgana? Don't think I've ever seen that movie. The one that floated in the honorable mentions was freaky!

BlackFox
Valinor

Mar 15 2014, 4:44pm

Post #3 of 9 (155 views)
Shortcut
Yes, it was! [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't seen Excalibur either, though.

"Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere." - Albert Einstein

Elskidor
Rohan

Mar 15 2014, 10:35pm

Post #4 of 9 (134 views)
Shortcut
There simply is no real other choice [In reply to] Can't Post

but Gandalf. I've had friends and even my wife, that prefers Harry Potter over Middle Earth, and all of them like Gandalf more. It is kinda a gimme. Gandalf just owns all.

Saruman really should have made it on this list though. Radagast too now.

ROUND 10 Tolkien Elimination Game Final Match

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=717589;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

or found in the Pollantir

BlackFox
Valinor

Mar 15 2014, 10:48pm

Post #5 of 9 (130 views)
Shortcut
Saruman [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Saruman really should have made it on this list though.

I agree. He should have at least been given an "honorable mention".

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 16 2014, 3:03pm

Post #6 of 9 (105 views)
Shortcut
That was fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

Gandalf really IS the greatest Wizard ever in the text; but thanks to Ian McKellen's embodiment of him and Philippa & Fran's reverence of the character... he truly is "the" Wizard of all time!

The one I would add is Willow the Wizard! What an arc he experienced from insecure wannabe to a great and powerful Wizard ;) I'm always amazed at the great performance by Warwick Davis who was only 17 years old!

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
3rd draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - January 2, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Mar 16 2014, 3:36pm

Post #7 of 9 (130 views)
Shortcut
Schmendrick [In reply to] Can't Post

Heck, if Micky Mouse could make the list then Schmendrick the Magician from The Last Unicorn should have at least received honorable mention!

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Elskidor
Rohan

Mar 16 2014, 7:41pm

Post #8 of 9 (95 views)
Shortcut
I could easily go for that [In reply to] Can't Post

I also like Merlin from the short tv mini series in the late 90's. It has been a long time since I've seen it, but I think I'd prefer him over the other two Merlin's. Saruman shoulda been in there!

ROUND 10 Tolkien Elimination Game Final Match

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=717589;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

or found in the Pollantir

Dame Ioreth
Grey Havens

Mar 19 2014, 4:30pm

Post #9 of 9 (100 views)
Shortcut
Excalibur was excellent [In reply to] Can't Post

but it is a bit dated. I loved the different take on Morgana and Merlin; it's almost a psychological dramatization. The imagery used is amazing. It's well worth watching on Netflix but had much more of an impact on the big screen.

Along with Helen Mirren and Nicol Williamson the movie had Gabriel Byrne as Uther Pendragon, Cherie Lunghi as Guenevere, Nigel Terry as Arthur, with relative unknowns back then Ciarin Hinds as Lot, and Patrick Stewart and Liam Neeson as two of Arthur's knights, Leondegrance and Gawain.

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.