Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Do you celebrate your TORniversary?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Do you celebrate your TORniversary?
Yes, with a mathom here on the site. 4 / 9%
Yes, but just on my own (no mathom). 4 / 9%
Sometimes. 5 / 11%
No. 15 / 33%
What's a TORniversary? 2 / 4%
What's a mathom? 2 / 4%
I don't remember when I first joined. 7 / 15%
Other? 7 / 15%
46 total votes

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 14 2014, 1:29am

Post #26 of 32 (1508 views)
Shortcut
Not unless you joined since 2007. [In reply to] Can't Post

In which case it's as simple as going to your profile and looking at the "Registered" date.

For those of us who joined on the old boards, the stats are no longer accessible and if you don't remember there isn't really any way to check. If you remember the time of year or the month, then you can just pick a date for yourself. I don't remember the exact date of my first post, but I know it was early in April 2000, so I just celebrate anywhere in the first two weeks of April that's convenient for me.

Elwen
Lorien

Mar 14 2014, 2:44pm

Post #27 of 32 (1500 views)
Shortcut
A HUGE thank you to you Silverlode... [In reply to] Can't Post

Because of your post, I sat down and tried to remember. Now that I think about it, it was right around FotR's release, so it may have been the end of 01 instead of early 02. I'll just go with around New Year's from now on.

That's not the reason for the HUGE thank-you, though. When you mentioned the old boards, I decided to go poking around in the "saved threads" from the old boards to see if I could narrow the window at all. It was a long shot, and it didn't work, but boy was that a fun trip down memory lane. I saw names I hadn't seen in a long time that brought smiles both happy and sad and read old discussions. It was really nice, so thanks for prompting it. Smile

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 15 2014, 4:42am

Post #28 of 32 (1487 views)
Shortcut
:-) Yes, it's fun to go back and see [In reply to] Can't Post

the old place occasionally, isn't it? It's such a pity we can't fully access or search the old boards. There are some real gems of discussions (and people) from that time I'd love to revisit.

(This post was edited by Silverlode on Mar 15 2014, 9:23am)

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Mar 15 2014, 5:27am

Post #29 of 32 (1480 views)
Shortcut
I picked sometimes [In reply to] Can't Post

mainly cause I tend to forget and TORn's Founders Day is around the same time, so I tend to get a bit caught up in that LaughHeart

elaen32
Gondor

Mar 15 2014, 8:44am

Post #30 of 32 (1477 views)
Shortcut
Thank you Kim [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile
Incidentally, what sort of party hat would Thorin look good in I wonder??

Kim
Valinor

Mar 16 2014, 1:27am

Post #31 of 32 (1465 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure Thorin would like quite fine with any kind of hat on his magnificent head of hair. Blowing on a noise maker. Laugh

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 18 2014, 11:49am

Post #32 of 32 (1464 views)
Shortcut
Due to the fact that i do not know [In reply to] Can't Post

exactly the date...or year for that matter, i sometimes do something in the spring (suspecting that is
approximately right) or on my birthday to just double up to make it easier. And that is if I can find a worthy mathom to present.

So I guess I would be in the 'occasional' category A-e :)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.