Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
I watched TABA!

Roheryn
Grey Havens

Mar 2 2014, 9:07pm

Post #1 of 25 (1034 views)
Shortcut
I watched TABA! Can't Post

Okay, it was just in a dream last night. Please, dear Eru ,do NOT let my dreams come true.

In the dream: I got to see it in a theatre, with Mr. Ro and grammaboodawg. It was soooo long that even gramma stood up half-way through to lounge against the seats in front of us, to stretch a bit. And the movie itself? Have to say I was a bit disappointed by the end, as not only did Thorin never make an appearance, but nor did any other Dwarf. The Battle of Five Armies chiefly involved a large, Disney-style-animated dancing house with a talking chimney, which may have been singing. There was an Orc or two around, but they apparently didn't have much to fight. The rest probably all had run away in terror from that house.

So, anyone else had any dreams involving TABA? C'mon, surely I'm not the only one. But I do bet I'm the only one with a dwarfless version that features a dancing house.

elaen32
Gondor

Mar 2 2014, 9:14pm

Post #2 of 25 (419 views)
Shortcut
ROFL!! [In reply to] Can't Post

You haven't been buying mushrooms from Radagast have you Ro? Very funny though...Laugh I haven't had any TABA related dreams...yet

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in April. Happy writing!

Thranderz
Rohan

Mar 2 2014, 9:19pm

Post #3 of 25 (406 views)
Shortcut
"I remember" [In reply to] Can't Post

My dreams of AUJ and DoS. Tongue

Something including a church yard....

I simply walked into Mordor.

Elarie
Gondor

Mar 2 2014, 10:05pm

Post #4 of 25 (356 views)
Shortcut
There's still time... [In reply to] Can't Post

for PJ to add the dancing house during pick-ups. You could get credit as a co-writer! Smile

DeadRabbits
Lorien

Mar 2 2014, 10:22pm

Post #5 of 25 (360 views)
Shortcut
Benedict C. commanded the orc army at BoTFA as Annatar... [In reply to] Can't Post

... with deer antlers sprouting from his head. Human mercenaries were also fighting alongside the orcs, but changed sides when they learned that the orcs were going to eat them afterwards.

Now now Bill, you swore this was a battle between warriors, not a bunch of miss nancies, so warriors is what I brought

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Mar 2 2014, 11:15pm

Post #6 of 25 (325 views)
Shortcut
I have one before each movie comes out [In reply to] Can't Post

in my AUJ dream Thorin and Co were in the Shire and they ran down a group of orcs while riding in the back of a pick up truck swinging swords and chopping off heads lol

In the DOS dream Thorin and Co finally arrived at Erebor only to find Smaug had been long dead and that the people of Lake-Town had turned The Lonely Mountain into a tourist destination lol it was funny seeing Thorin and co sitting in a lobby waiting to get tickets to visit their ancestral home

Hamfast Gamgee
Gondor

Mar 2 2014, 11:52pm

Post #7 of 25 (297 views)
Shortcut
I once had a dream [In reply to] Can't Post

Whereby Thorin and Bilbo found a missile in the hoard of Smaug and used it to destroy the Orc army! I must admit, that I do think this could work. I have seen more ridiculous adaptations of tales in movies.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Mar 2 2014, 11:59pm

Post #8 of 25 (302 views)
Shortcut
I had a FOTR dream before its release, [In reply to] Can't Post

where I was furious at PJ because he'd changed Frodo's name to Stuart. Then the police burst in by charging through a brick wall.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Bumpypotato
Bree

Mar 3 2014, 12:00am

Post #9 of 25 (291 views)
Shortcut
I laughed. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've had a few dreams like that. I don't remember what they were, exactly, but I do recall Smaug-the-love-interest. They always seem to leave me oddly disappointed.

Beorn's Bees
Rivendell

Mar 3 2014, 12:01am

Post #10 of 25 (284 views)
Shortcut
OMG [In reply to] Can't Post

Your DOS dream is so funny!!!

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Mar 3 2014, 12:07am

Post #11 of 25 (311 views)
Shortcut
I wish I would have more Hobbit dreams [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, Ro! That was quite the...um, uh...interesting dream! I agree, the orcs probably all ran away from the creepy, singing house!

Obsessed as I am with LOTR/TH I'm surprised how little I dream about either of them. The few dreams I have had either had elves or orcs in them. Elves if it was a good dream, orcs if it was a bad dream, but, except for this one dream that I had at the peak of my excitement for DOS, they're almost never set in ME.

Now, during the build up of excitement about a month or two before DOS came out, I had gotten where I was having weekly dreams where I was desperately trying to get to a theater to see it, but every, single time there was always something going wrong. In one dream, I got to the theater horribly late and missed the only showing. In another, I got to the theater and was in my seat on time, but there were technical difficulties and they played the wrong movie. I always woke up feeling really frustrated!

I'll probably start dreaming about TABA after it gets closer to the release date and there's more information released for my subconscious to play with.

"And we find what we're made of
Through the open door
Is it fear you're afraid of?
What are you waiting for?
Love alone is worth the fight."
-Switchfoot

Roheryn
Grey Havens

Mar 3 2014, 2:10am

Post #12 of 25 (261 views)
Shortcut
Wait, I see a connection. [In reply to] Can't Post

Frodo is little. And so was that famous mouse, Stuart Little. Hence the name change. You were secretly worried that Frodo was actually a mouse. Cool

And the question is: were the police after you, or "Stuart", or PJ for changing the name?

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Mar 3 2014, 2:58am

Post #13 of 25 (257 views)
Shortcut
The police were breaking up the illegal viewing of FOTR. [In reply to] Can't Post

I got away. Tongue

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Mar 3 2014, 4:34am

Post #14 of 25 (250 views)
Shortcut
The Vegan Police charged in through a brick wall [In reply to] Can't Post

in Scott Pilgrim vs the World. Coincidence?

Back in 2008 I posted about a dream I had about the fledgling Hobbit production:

... I had a dream about John Howe the other day. He had on a glowing breastplate and was set up as the gatekeeper of all things Hobbit (who's in who's not). Weird, eh?

Not quite as interesting as Roheryn's dream. But then, as houses in dreams are often a reflection of our state of mind, I prefer mine.

Speaking of dreams, where is Dreamdeer?

Starling
Half-elven

Mar 3 2014, 6:22am

Post #15 of 25 (228 views)
Shortcut
I was thinking about Dreamdeer, [In reply to] Can't Post

just recently. I always enjoyed her posts.

Roheryn
Grey Havens

Mar 3 2014, 6:33am

Post #16 of 25 (230 views)
Shortcut
All right, SirD, [In reply to] Can't Post

what does a dancing house with a talking chimney say about my state of mind? Tongue

And possibly more importantly, what does John Howe in a glowing breastplate say about your state of mind?

boldog
Rohan

Mar 3 2014, 9:10am

Post #17 of 25 (222 views)
Shortcut
I had a weird nightmare [In reply to] Can't Post

For some reason Smaug, while on his flight to laketown, just fell to the floor, and died. That was it.

"And do you really think, Thorin Oakenshield, that Bolg will have the slightest symphony for you? After he watched you hack his fathers hand off, so ruthlessly in Moria. Azogs defeat has brought nothing to you, only refuelled hate of his kin, upon yours"

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Mar 3 2014, 3:27pm

Post #18 of 25 (199 views)
Shortcut
Me too. I understand that [In reply to] Can't Post

she basically transferred over to Facebook to talk with TORn folk, but I could be wrong.Evil

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Mar 4 2014, 3:32am

Post #19 of 25 (143 views)
Shortcut
A glowing breastplate could signify an angelic protector -- [In reply to] Can't Post

Whereas a talking chimney is Freud writ large.Angelic

ETA Seriously though, "a large, Disney-style-animated dancing house with a talking chimney" could be a reflection of Smaug. Add to this the absence of Thorin and I would say your dream may indicate a latent fear that TABA will be disappointing. I'm willing to bet that it won't be disappointing -- but according to some, dreams allow us to experience alternate versions of reality, especially realities that are not likely to be realised.

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Mar 4 2014, 3:45am)

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Mar 4 2014, 4:12am

Post #20 of 25 (132 views)
Shortcut
She's mostly on [In reply to] Can't Post

Facebook these days. Life's pretty hectic for her, so she doesn't get to play as often as she used to.

Bit like many of us now Frown

Bag ENZ Home of the Hobbit *with thanks to cameragod ;D*

One by one they faded, and fell into shadow...

One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

Starling
Half-elven

Mar 4 2014, 8:51am

Post #21 of 25 (122 views)
Shortcut
Does this mean [In reply to] Can't Post

that I may have encountered her in another virtual life?

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 4 2014, 10:15am

Post #22 of 25 (125 views)
Shortcut
I stood up during the movie? That was a NIGHTMARE! [In reply to] Can't Post

OMG RO! What did you eat before going to bed!? BUT... I'd eat more of it, because even though it was taking license as a certain filmmaker has been known to do *winkie-wink* I LOVE IT!!!! Just to hang out and go to TABA with NZS and YOU would be a dream come true for ME!!!! *still laughing madly*

WHAT A TREAT!

And yeah, I've had a dream or two of my own, but it's mostly... again... hanging out in Erebor sitting on piles of gold beside Bilbo whilst watching the dwarves sifting through the treasure looking for a certain shiney stone ;) OR walking through the woods rather light-hearted with Gandalf in the lead.

My dreams are rather fleeting lately, but I'm learning what to eat to remedy that ;)

THANK YOU! That was so much fun!!! I miss your face.

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
3rd draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - January 2, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Mar 4 2014, 10:57am

Post #23 of 25 (139 views)
Shortcut
Possibly [In reply to] Can't Post

She's not hiding over there Wink

Enjoy playing with you over there too LaughHeart

Bag ENZ Home of the Hobbit *with thanks to cameragod ;D*

One by one they faded, and fell into shadow...

One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Mar 5 2014, 2:36am

Post #24 of 25 (100 views)
Shortcut
No TABA ones in particular [In reply to] Can't Post

...although I've had several based on Middle-earth in general or set in some other place that LOTR characters just happened to crash. (Random characters crash my dreams fairly often. Nothing like a nightmare of being chased through a perfectly restored 1800's house by Darth Vader and Boba Fett while your relatives calmly browse the brochure rack. Laugh)

My most memorable Middle-earth dream involved Sauron (who was basically Benedict Cumberbatch, in jeans) and his castle made out of LEGO. Said castle also had industrial lightning and vending machines. Galadriel was his babysitter.

So, what does *that* mean? Cool

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

elaen32
Gondor

Mar 5 2014, 10:04am

Post #25 of 25 (102 views)
Shortcut
Bizarre!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Last night I dreamt that RA/Thorin (the personae kept switching) and my dad were trying to assemble some flat-pack furniture from Ikea- it wasn't going very well.....Crazy Goodness knows where that one came from! Dreams are so weird, but very entertaining sometimesSmile

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in April. Happy writing!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.