Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Good Luck to all Oscar Nominees.

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Mar 1 2014, 1:36am

Post #1 of 7 (151 views)
Shortcut
Good Luck to all Oscar Nominees. Can't Post

DOS good luck pinWhat do you get people who have everything? The extremely talented folks in front of and behind the camera in the film industry typically have very nice jobs. They get to travel all over the world, they make a decent salary, they are beloved by millions, and they get to create great art. Come awards season, if their work has been deemed excellent by their peers, they are nominated in their respective fields. And then they are wined and dined and gifted until their houses are full of chochkis, or sometimes really cool stuff. So I ask again, what do you get these people?

Well, if you are TheOneRing.net, you simply get them a little Luck, in the form of a pin they can wear at the ceremony, or not, as they see fit. Most of them wait to put their pins on until they get to one of our parties. It always sort of acts as an automatic pass to get in, we don't have to look their names up on the list.

We wouldn't have these pins to give if it weren't for our wonderfully geeky and talented friends at Badali Jewelry, who began this tradition with the Fellowship of the Ring, and above you see the 5th installment of the Good Luck pin. Today several of these pins were delivered to current nominees, through torrential rain in case anyone was wondering. If you find that you are a nominee and you don't have one of these waiting for you at your hotel, feel free to ping us at Oscarparty@TheOneRing.net so we can rectify the situation.

peter-jackson piinTo the right you see Peter Jackson winning one of his 3 Oscars on February 29, 2004 while wearing the ROTK Good Luck pin. So that might just be a hint that wearing the pin during the ceremony is Good Luck.

Here at TheOneRing.net we would like to extend our heartfelt congratulations and wish you the best of luck to everyone listed below. While you are all sitting at the Dolby trying not to bite all of your nails off, we will be over at the Cat & Fiddle cheering you on, and drinking a toast to you, as we always do come Oscar night.

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug nominees

Sound Editing - Brent Burge and Chris Ward

Sound Mixing - Christopher Boyes, Michael Hedges, Michael Semanick and Tony Johnson

Visual Effects - Joe Lettery, Eric Saindon, David Clayton and Eric Reynolds

Middle-earth nominees in other projects

Best Actress - Cate Blanchett in Blue Jasmine

Short: Live Action - The Voorman Problem, which stars Martin Freeman

Middle-earth personage as a Presenter

Benedict Cumberbatch

Good Luck one and All!

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 1 2014, 7:28am

Post #2 of 7 (89 views)
Shortcut
Those pins ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Are quite something. Evil Good job whoever came up with the design, they're lovely.

Good luck to all the Oscar nominees. *Fingers crossed*.

dormouse
Half-elven

Mar 1 2014, 8:23am

Post #3 of 7 (87 views)
Shortcut
Yes - who needs an Oscar when they have one of those! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good luck one and all. *and toes* Wink

demnation
Rohan

Mar 1 2014, 10:59am

Post #4 of 7 (94 views)
Shortcut
Good luck to the folks at Weta [In reply to] Can't Post

DOS won't win anything, but they can take comfort in the fact that they already have boatloads of oscars (and those nifty pins!)

"It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succour of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule." Gandalf, "The Last Debate."

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 1 2014, 3:24pm

Post #5 of 7 (69 views)
Shortcut
That's a great pin! [In reply to] Can't Post

Badali has been such a wonderful friend to TORn, and their work on this newest pin is so great! I'm so geeked!

Good Luck to all our friends at Weta and Peter's filmic family! Wonderful! And I'd love to lead the "Peter" cheer once again... from a distance this time, I'm afraid :)

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
3rd draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - January 2, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Kim
Valinor

Mar 1 2014, 6:20pm

Post #6 of 7 (64 views)
Shortcut
Good luck to all the nominees! [In reply to] Can't Post

And wow, those pins are really cool!

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=719226;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;

Rhovandír
The Shire

Mar 2 2014, 11:14pm

Post #7 of 7 (52 views)
Shortcut
best of luck [In reply to] Can't Post

Its a very nice idea. I really like these DoS-pins, they are adorable.
Wish the nominees the best of luck. Smile

[ lol, I do hope that I do this right, still rather new in the forums ]

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.