The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Beautiful song that reflects Aragorn so much

boldog
Rohan

Mar 1 2014, 2:00am

Post #1 of 3 (1557 views)
Shortcut
Beautiful song that reflects Aragorn so much Can't Post

I came across this in a recent exploration of youtube, and am so touched. The song is called Sleep song, by Secret Garden. Try and hear the lyrics, and imagine Gilraen singing this to a young Aragorn. So moving Evil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0JiEglvJic

"And do you really think, Thorin Oakenshield, that Bolg will have the slightest symphony for you? After he watched you hack his fathers hand off, so ruthlessly in Moria. Azogs defeat has brought nothing to you, only refuelled hate of his kin, upon yours"

(This post was edited by boldog on Mar 1 2014, 2:00am)

Gunslinger24
The Shire

Mar 7 2014, 2:15am

Post #2 of 3 (1377 views)
Shortcut
this is terrific [In reply to] Can't Post

As a dude that really only listens to hard rock and metal there is something about soft and slow songs that I love and still gets to me. The peacefulness and all of that is just wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain.

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Mar 7 2014, 10:31am

Post #3 of 3 (1432 views)
Shortcut
this beautiful song has become a favourite [In reply to] Can't Post

among LOTR fans, since it has been used several times as a theme for Kili and Fili videos too. Of course there is the recurring theme of the mother singing a lullaby to her child: only in that case, the mother will be burying her children and not the oppositeEvil.

The quality of these videos is lower than this wonderful Aragorn piece, but Aragorn's story arc is visually complete, Kili and Fili's isn't, so after TABA there will be many more, maybe with this same beautiful song.

In the meantime, the link to the best Kili and Fili /Secret Garden so far (in my opinion):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goJKZTAduy8

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.