Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Dobby the house Elf vs. Legolas

deej
Tol Eressea

Mar 4 2007, 4:19pm

Post #1 of 14 (3763 views)
Shortcut
Dobby the house Elf vs. Legolas Can't Post

Legolas has tremendous skill with a bow and fighting knives, and Elven agility.

Dobby has the ability to use magic, and could drop a large cake on Legolas.

Let the battle begin!

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

Atlanta Woot! Moot 2007 - Join us Labor Day weekend; go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlanta_woot_moot/

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Mar 4 2007, 5:10pm

Post #2 of 14 (772 views)
Shortcut
Legolas has the upper hand to begin with.... [In reply to] Can't Post

His long, blonde hair makes Dobby believe that he's a member of the Malfoy family, and even though he's now free Dobby still finds it psychologically hard to do anything against his old masters. He tries to use magic against Legolas, then feels guilty and starts beating himself over the head with a table lamp. Legolas watches, bemused, and wonders if Dobby's been drinking that stuff which seems to have such an effect on Gimli... It looks as though Legolas will easily triumph, but as he turns to walk away from the dazed and bruised Dobby, he mutters something about 'Gandalf is a far better wizard than Harry Potter and that old Dumble-whatsisname character put together.' Alas, Dobby overhears him and is so enraged that he stops beating himself over the head for long enough to drop a huge, violet cream meringue on Legolas' head. The sheer horror of having his hair so caked (pun intended) in goo is too much for Legolas; he runs screaming from the arena, in search of his strawberry shampoo and conditioner...

Thus Legolas forfeits the match and Dobby is victorious.

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

deej
Tol Eressea

Mar 4 2007, 6:19pm

Post #3 of 14 (689 views)
Shortcut
*BAM!* [In reply to] Can't Post

That is brilliant, and you have brought attention to one of Legolas' flaws: haircare.

The fight is off to a great start!

Atlanta Woot! Moot 2007 - Join us Labor Day weekend; go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlanta_woot_moot/

Stapper
Lorien

Mar 4 2007, 7:19pm

Post #4 of 14 (675 views)
Shortcut
*copies, saves* / [In reply to] Can't Post

Belinda's law: The chance a computer crashes is proportional to the importance of the document you're working on

FOTR:50 links / Samwise's cookbook / TORn birthday calendar / 'Things you never (want to) hear people say' list

Aerlinn
Lorien

Mar 5 2007, 1:08am

Post #5 of 14 (762 views)
Shortcut
Legolas starts strong [In reply to] Can't Post

Incensed that such creatures as Dobby are referred to as Elves, he begins the fight with great energy. However, any dojo master will tell you that fighting angry is a handicap, and so it proves here. Legolas is disconcerted when Dobby with an ear-splitting shriek vanishes to reappear behind him. The house-elf takes advantage of the wood elf's moment of confusion to snap his fingers and turn the latter's knives into licorice and his bow into a candy cane. All the while telling Legolas that it's for his own good, Dobby then magicks Legolas's immaculate tunic into a very large, grubby pillowcase, as Legolas is clearly an upstart and needs to be put in his place. Legolas flees in humiliation.

I'm still in wish-I'd-thought-of-that mode after reading greendragon's...

TheOneRing.net – where everybody knows your name!
And J.R.R. Tolkien’s middle names… and the name of his publisher’s son … and the name of Aragorn’s great-great-great- grandfather on his mother’s side… and what Frodo’s name almost was…

diedye
Grey Havens

Mar 5 2007, 5:38am

Post #6 of 14 (690 views)
Shortcut
Dobby... [In reply to] Can't Post

One sniff of that reeking sack and Leggy will be diving for his strawberry bubble bath.

SandWitch King
Rohan

Mar 5 2007, 6:29pm

Post #7 of 14 (880 views)
Shortcut
Is this a 'most annoying' contest? [In reply to] Can't Post

Literary Dobby wins. (Why isn't this pronoucned "DOB EE" or am I incorrect and it isn't spoken as "DOE BE"? in the film?)

Literary Dobby annoyed me in an otherwise fun book. He was dreadfully obvious as a character and lame. Literary Legolas was never annoying.

Film Dobby was easier to take because he was there much less (if I remember right) and film Legolas was slightly annoying on occasion as 'The Legend of Orlando Bloom, Teen Idol' grew.

Anyway, despite all that, Dobby wins "most annoying" by a landslide.

Man-to-man, despite creative efforts to say otherwise, even Sam could finish off Dobby, much less the Elven son of the King.

Once upon a time I was MrCere. I still am but this name is for posting and being part of the community while that one is for official business. 8-)

elvenhobbit
Rohan

Mar 5 2007, 8:09pm

Post #8 of 14 (715 views)
Shortcut
who's Dobby?!? Legolas wins elven ears down! [In reply to] Can't Post

Elven by name, Hobbit by nature

'Road lead ever on and on
down from the door where it began
now far ahead the road has gone
down from where all began' -FOTR-

and through all the world has changed
the ages come and go with time
and yet those remain unchanged
unto they journey westward
over the sea...

_V_
Lorien

Mar 19 2007, 5:13am

Post #9 of 14 (648 views)
Shortcut
Legolas [In reply to] Can't Post

Legolas. Dobby is poorly written

deej
Tol Eressea

Apr 11 2007, 11:57pm

Post #10 of 14 (857 views)
Shortcut
*It was a close one, but the referee calls it...* [In reply to] Can't Post

Legolas wins!

the artist formerly known as sparki
Bree

May 28 2007, 6:50pm

Post #11 of 14 (728 views)
Shortcut
if only I had your talent [In reply to] Can't Post

I too could be a comedy genius Mad

Yes, I used to be sparki.

theredsunrises

Oct 20 2007, 7:14pm

Post #12 of 14 (648 views)
Shortcut
of course he wins! [In reply to] Can't Post

nice icon btw, deej. though if you ask me, the ending to A.W.E. was slightly disappointing. right, about the fight, Dobby doesn't stand a chance. unless Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Grawp team up. Even then, Legolas would probably still win.

"The red sun rises in the East. Blood has been spilled."--Legolas

laughing1blue6dolphin
The Shire

Mar 23 2009, 7:18pm

Post #13 of 14 (3235 views)
Shortcut
:) [In reply to] Can't Post

its the british accent

[:-)]music hath power to calm the savage beast[:-)]

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jun 29 2013, 2:36pm

Post #14 of 14 (208 views)
Shortcut
Dobby [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.