Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The weird feeling that only TABA is ahead

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Grey Havens

Feb 16 2014, 2:09pm

Post #1 of 9 (742 views)
Shortcut
The weird feeling that only TABA is ahead Can't Post

It has been so great expectation for this movies,sooo long waiting,that having only TABA ahead feels weird.

TABA is gonna be great,the whole feeling of the trilogy is gonna be great,the feeling of both trilogies is gonna begreat; the new taste LOTR will gain when references of Hobbit pop up,is gonna be great.Itīs gonna be a maginificent ride

The effort of film makers of putting all the side stories in,the Tolkienesque feeling showing even in invented dialogues (Gandalfīs speech to Galadriel in TAUJ)is great.

This has been a pleasure to know in detail dwarven culture. I feel chills when inAUJ the map moves thowards Erebor,I feel chills when I think all is to happen in TABA.

There is a pleasure left,that is to witness the golden days of elven culture(if you know what I meanTongue)

Have a nice ride

Cheers

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Feb 16 2014, 2:42pm

Post #2 of 9 (376 views)
Shortcut
Chances are that you are correct [In reply to] Can't Post

There could still be one or more spin-off movies, but the odds seem long and I doubt that Peter Jackson would be the one to direct it/them. Would enough movie-goers be interested in the history of the Dwarves? The early adventures of Aragorn? Is there even enough material in the Appendices to justify movies about Sauron in the Second Age, from the forging of the Rings of Power to the Fall of Numenor and on to the Last Alliance of Elves and Men?

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Grey Havens

Feb 16 2014, 2:45pm

Post #3 of 9 (372 views)
Shortcut
PJ daughter to take the helm? [In reply to] Can't Post

She could carry and I was refering to Silmarilion.Im sure they will allow to do it

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Feb 16 2014, 2:55pm

Post #4 of 9 (342 views)
Shortcut
Other adaptations are unlikely [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
She could carry and I was refering to Silmarilion.Im sure they will allow to do it

Do you know something that the rest of us don't? It doesn't seem likely that the Tolkien Estate is ready to part with the filmrights to The Silmarillion or any other of Tolkien's remaining works.

At this point, I would think that other directors, not related to Jackson, would step in for any follow-up movies. Maybe Ridley Scott, Jean-Pierre Juenet, Guillermo del Toro, Ang Lee or Darren Aronofsky.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Grey Havens

Feb 16 2014, 2:58pm

Post #5 of 9 (331 views)
Shortcut
I dont see PJthat tired [In reply to] Can't Post

And since Tolkienīs grandsons seem glad with the movies,I dont wee it impossible.

The scale of Silmarillion however would be HUGE,as lotr and hobbit together.But anyone in his senses would use the same imaginery that Hobbit and Lotro movies have in order to make it consistent with the movieverse

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Feb 16 2014, 3:02pm

Post #6 of 9 (327 views)
Shortcut
Only PJ can say how he feels about further M-e movies [In reply to] Can't Post

And I doubt he is willing to say anything on the subject before the release of TaBA. As for the Tolkien Estate, we will have to wait and see how things stand when Christopher Tolkien is no longer at the head.

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Feb 16 2014, 4:15pm

Post #7 of 9 (309 views)
Shortcut
Don't Worry [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't Worry I'll be along in a few years to film my own Hobbit adaption and take over as Guardian of Middle-Earth from Peter Jackson lol

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Feb 16 2014, 4:54pm

Post #8 of 9 (278 views)
Shortcut
So Bittersweet [In reply to] Can't Post

This has been a long time coming. We've had our own journey along with the films haven't we? I look forward to TABA and yet at the same time find a sense of sadness that it is all coming to an end.

I honestly do not think we will see anymore. I really do believe PJ is tired of doing M.E. Nothing to go on. Just a gut feeling. If I were in his place I would want to do other things. I know it was a love for him, yet at the same time I can see him wanting to do other things and since the license isn't available anyway, time to move on. I really like PJ as a filmmaker overall and think he's terrific. (Loved Beautiful Creatures!).

I wish him and Phillipa all the best. I will be crying during TABA for many reasons, not the least of which this is the last time on screen. There and Back Again. We have traveled along with the cast, crew and filmmakers.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

stoutfiles
Rohan

Feb 17 2014, 1:18am

Post #9 of 9 (166 views)
Shortcut
There shouldn't be any more movies [In reply to] Can't Post

These stories would be best done and reworked as TV series, where nothing is cut out and no lines from the books are omitted. When you something on the big screen you have to force love stories and create action where this is none. A TV series can move at its own pace (the book's pace).

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.