Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Blu-ray/DVD Extras Revealed + Collector's Gift Set Details
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Avandel
Valinor

Feb 16 2014, 7:38pm

Post #26 of 31 (114 views)
Shortcut
that deserves it's own T-shirt [In reply to] Can't Post

or maybe I can make a banner of it. Using dwarf runes - it'll be a conversation piece.

And the evil part of me wants to make runes of Thorin's DOS dwarvish and hang that upEvil

Avandel
Valinor

Feb 16 2014, 7:51pm

Post #27 of 31 (120 views)
Shortcut
one man's trash etc. [In reply to] Can't Post

Suspect the markup on most of my Hobbit collectibles vs. production cost is outrageous. But I WANT those dwarf Erebor sculptures (we wants it precious, we wants it.....). Especially since I suspect these are cast resin which means potential breakage if not handled carefully.

But I skipped the $$$ Thorin WETA sculpture because for me it would have had to have been a dead-on likeness to spend that kind of money, and IMO it wasn't, and some of the other characters are not either. I'm fussy about faces on sculptures unless they are (comparatively) inexpensive plastic.

I'll go for these dwarf guards tho. It'll be a "cheap food/no other shopping" period for me, that's all. And I can't wait to get the DVD/BR in hand - loved DOS.

Kim
Valinor

Feb 16 2014, 10:49pm

Post #28 of 31 (85 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

A banner would be good for hanging on the door of your office or cubicle wall. Or perhaps an 8"x10" laminated card that you could pull out in meetings as needed. Wink

When my computer crashed this week and I was explaining it to someone, I almost said, "it died a death of flames" (note: there were no flames). Such a versatile phrase! I think that would be better suited to be done in dwarvish runes and suitably framed, perhaps with a full color photo of Thorin delivering the line, hair all cobwebby and disheveled, fire in his eyes, glaring intensely....

Avandel
Valinor

Feb 17 2014, 4:12pm

Post #29 of 31 (75 views)
Shortcut
LOL inspiration thank you! DOS Thorin pic and Windows haiku [In reply to] Can't Post

Ha ha - if I were really clever I'd rewrite some Tolkien poetry or songs for Windows and PCs - like the time my Dell drive froze and it was explained to me that the library of images I had spent 3 days downloading, but hadn't had time to back up, were gone. Just gone. For good. Along with everything else.

Thank you for the inspirations - the "blue" DOS Thorin pic and maybe these Windows haiku in Hobbit font or script. Thorin's expression is just perfect and there I are times I'd like to use Orcrist on any number of electronic devices.

PS. Hope you are happy w. new system!
Your file was so big.
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.

The Website you seek
Cannot be located, but
Countless more exist.

Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

ABORTED effort:
Close all that you have.
You ask way too much.
Windows NT crashed.
I am the Blue Screen of Death.
No one hears your screams.
Yesterday it worked.
Today it is not working.
Windows is like that.

First snow, then silence.
This thousand dollar screen dies
so beautifully.

With searching comes loss
And the presence of absence:
"My Novel" not found.

The Tao that is seen
Is not the true Tao, until
You bring fresh toner.

Stay the patient course
Of little worth is your ire
The network is down

A crash reduces
your expensive computer
to a simple stone.

Three things are certain:
Death, taxes and lost data.
Guess which has occurred.

You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Out of memory.
We wish to hold the whole sky,
But we never will.

Having been erased,
The document you're seeking
Must now be retyped.

Serious error.
All shortcuts have disappeared.
Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

I am the master.
You have nowhere to run to.
Microsoft can't die.

Elessar
Valinor

Feb 17 2014, 7:12pm

Post #30 of 31 (55 views)
Shortcut
Just allow me to buy it [In reply to] Can't Post

Already. Cool

Kim
Valinor

Feb 17 2014, 7:30pm

Post #31 of 31 (77 views)
Shortcut
Yes! Let's put your photoshop skills to work [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be waiting for my Thorin pic. Wink

That's a bummer about your computer - I was really worried I might lose all my family birthday/holiday/vacation photos, so glad I was able to back up everything in time.

Wow, that's quite an impressive collection of haikus you've put together, and unfortunately, all too accurate!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.