Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
fascinating post Bomby!

Cirashala
Gondor

Feb 17, 6:50am

Views: 47
Shortcut
fascinating post Bomby! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am an archer myself, so while I'm still a bit amateur (don't get as much time as I would wish to practice due to two small kids) I would have LOVED to work with weapons training in some capacity.

I am also 5 foot, so I would have absolutely adored being a scale double (except on the infamous scene 88, I'm sure Wink)

I have also dealt with animals, and can ride quite well, so I wouldn't have minded working with the horses.

I can sew (though not as good as the prod crew! Those costumes are BEAUTIFUL), so I wouldn't have minded the costuming department either.

If it weren't for the LONG days and early mornings (I have a sleep disorder) I wouldn't have minded makeup either.

I also am an actress (extra work so far, but I don't live in the best area for it and so there isn't much work to be had unless I can come up with money to fly to auditions- but I REFUSE to move to hollywood- lived in southern California for 4.5 years from kindergarten to 4th grade, and HATED it). Viggo Mortensen lives an hour north, but he's got PLENTY of money to fly all over the place for auditions....maybe I have a rich relative somewhere- oh, wait. Everyone in my extended family is broke...Crazy

I would have loved to have been one of the dwarves (but a) I'm female, and b) me next to the dwarf actors would have made me look like a female hobbit compared to them!)

There's an idea....

Too bad I live in the US, and not NZ.... Pirate My hair is naturally very curly, so I would have made a great hobbit, I think.... Unsure

Subject User Time
WHAT IF you were... ON this Production &... Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Feb 14, 10:39pm
    Whatever! kilifili Send a private message to kilifili Feb 14, 10:57pm
    I know exactly what I'd want to do! Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Feb 14, 10:57pm
    Not makeup and prosthetics. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Feb 14, 10:59pm
    Scale double glor Send a private message to glor Feb 14, 11:07pm
        Scale double here as well elf-lady Send a private message to elf-lady Feb 15, 2:44am
        Haha wonderinglinguist Send a private message to wonderinglinguist Feb 15, 4:10pm
    I would have hand sewn the Talking Purse. / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Feb 14, 11:18pm
        DLB... Whatzz w/ the Purse? Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Feb 14, 11:24pm
        Did you notice there's a man in Laketown called Percy? dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Feb 15, 1:51pm
            Percy of Lake-town: Lissuin Send a private message to Lissuin Feb 15, 11:55pm
    Stuntman/Extra Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Feb 15, 12:08am
    easy book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Feb 15, 12:22am
        That would probably be incredibly frustrating. Noria Send a private message to Noria Feb 15, 1:10pm
    I would have wanted to work on the location shoots Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Feb 15, 12:32am
    Catering Ham_Sammy Send a private message to Ham_Sammy Feb 15, 12:38am
    Dwarf support Esmeralda Send a private message to Esmeralda Feb 15, 12:48am
    Set Dresser Elarie Send a private message to Elarie Feb 15, 12:51am
    I just ... KasDel Send a private message to KasDel Feb 15, 1:14am
    Official Pastry Chef MistyMountain Send a private message to MistyMountain Feb 15, 1:56am
    Horse wrangler Eruwestial37 Send a private message to Eruwestial37 Feb 15, 6:13am
        An extra Kerewyn Send a private message to Kerewyn Feb 15, 7:22am
            Rock On! Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Feb 15, 8:34am
    If i were on the production, oh wow Calithilel Send a private message to Calithilel Feb 15, 11:52am
    I'd be happy just as a focus puller :p Tigero Send a private message to Tigero Feb 15, 12:15pm
    I want to be Skaan Send a private message to Skaan Feb 15, 12:21pm
    Set decorator! :D // Thranderz Send a private message to Thranderz Feb 15, 12:38pm
    Well, pencil sharpening would be fine.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Feb 15, 1:58pm
    casting assistant/ language assistant Elanor of Rohan Send a private message to Elanor of Rohan Feb 15, 2:17pm
        RING, ring, RING....."Uh? there is some "Splatter Movie Guy" on line Three? Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Feb 15, 3:39pm
    a dwarf Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Feb 15, 3:58pm
    unionize or cooperativize TheRealBeren Send a private message to TheRealBeren Feb 15, 5:58pm
    I would have wanted to be Bomby's helicopter co-pilot. /// Kirly Send a private message to Kirly Feb 15, 7:15pm
        Can't Wait for Ian Brodie's "The Hobbit" Location GuideBook Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Feb 15, 8:16pm
            Great phrase! I've logged a bunch of those hours. Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Feb 16, 2:55am
    Massage therapist. Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Feb 15, 11:14pm
        Genius. :D / Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Feb 16, 12:36am
    Script Girl / assistant writer Dame Ioreth Send a private message to Dame Ioreth Feb 16, 3:45am
        Script girl for me too! iduna Send a private message to iduna Feb 16, 9:35pm
    Set dresser... Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Feb 16, 9:05am
    fascinating post Bomby! Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Feb 17, 6:50am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.