Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
WHAT IF you were... ON this Production &...
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

dormouse
Half-elven

Feb 15 2014, 1:58pm

Post #26 of 41 (276 views)
Shortcut
Well, pencil sharpening would be fine.... [In reply to] Can't Post

... after all, there are two of them, so plenty of work there!

I would gladly do pretty well anything - but would have been most useful in drawing, or costumes, or prop making, those kind of things. I've often watched the EE documentaries and thought - if only. If only I'd known that jobs like that existed. I've always done artistic work, and writing, but always working alone. There's something about the idea of being part of a much bigger project - artistic work shared - that I find endlessly fascinating. I'm sure it's also frustrating, exhausting and demanding - but I wish I'd done it, at least once!

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Feb 15 2014, 2:17pm

Post #27 of 41 (253 views)
Shortcut
casting assistant/ language assistant [In reply to] Can't Post

I can speak and /or understand several languages, I've got an excellent photographic memory as far as faces and names are concerned, I work long hours and I learn quickly..
Am I writing down my curriculum? Yes, I am.
Wink
Anywa,y anything to help Liz Mullane and Miranda Rivers with the casting and then assisting the actors (everything about the logistics).

And believe it or not, I actually know Germanic philology, glottology and phonetics and I could teach anybody saying anything so I could also help actors learning Sindarin and Khuzdul or Orcish black Speech or whatever...

This would really be my best dream job ever, so now I must wake up and go back to realityCool

Bombadil
Half-elven

Feb 15 2014, 3:39pm

Post #28 of 41 (235 views)
Shortcut
RING, ring, RING....."Uh? there is some "Splatter Movie Guy" on line Three? [In reply to] Can't Post

seems he iz on his Private Plane
Somewhere over FIGI...?

"Hello?"

"Umm.. do you think you Ummm..
Could bother your Life
& Move
yourself & YOUR Mum
to Wellington?

We have an Opening in
the Janitorial Staff?

Ummm..I heard you are REALLY
good @ Cleaning
ORC Blood off,
Stunties?"

Ummm.. we want you..to BE?
Uuumm.. That person?"

Bomby: ...Ummm..At Your Service...Sir!"

(IF ONly in my Mind)

Have a Hobbity Day Kiddies..

ThatBozoBomby
Heart

Avandel
Valinor

Feb 15 2014, 3:58pm

Post #29 of 41 (231 views)
Shortcut
a dwarf [In reply to] Can't Post

and anything where I could follow the dwarves around.

Second would be sets and set decorating

Third costuming

(And caring for the animals whenever I could, too.)

Fourth weapons

But 2, 3, and 4 are pretty interchangeable, and I'd find any excuse to hang around w. the ponies including shoveling, LOL.

wonderinglinguist
Lorien

Feb 15 2014, 4:10pm

Post #30 of 41 (223 views)
Shortcut
Haha [In reply to] Can't Post

I've thought the same thing many times! I'm...well, almost 5' and a former gymnast so I've always thought if I lived in NZ I could have been one. Maybe a Kili or Nori double (or whoever is supposed to be around that height!) Wink

keep smiling Smile

TheRealBeren
Rivendell

Feb 15 2014, 5:58pm

Post #31 of 41 (213 views)
Shortcut
unionize or cooperativize [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd start a union and demand better working conditions. Better yet, I'd incite several employees to take over WB and transform it into a workers' cooperative.

Kirly
Lorien

Feb 15 2014, 7:15pm

Post #32 of 41 (192 views)
Shortcut
I would have wanted to be Bomby's helicopter co-pilot. /// [In reply to] Can't Post

My avatar photo is Lake Tekapo in New Zealand's South Island. Taken by me in 2004 on a Red Carpet Tours LOTR Movie Location Tour. 'Twas the Vacation of a Lifetime!

pictures taken while on the tour are here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Kirly7/LOTRNewZealandTour#

Bombadil
Half-elven

Feb 15 2014, 8:16pm

Post #33 of 41 (197 views)
Shortcut
Can't Wait for Ian Brodie's "The Hobbit" Location GuideBook [In reply to] Can't Post

Probably
Published
Post TABA, this
Fall..

Having
Flown from ORCkland to
Stewart Island many Times
via "GoogleEarth Airlines"?

Bomby should be Awarded
Frequent
Fantasy
Flyer Mileage?

Maybe,
Possibly,
Probably
they need a Janitor
@ "The Green Dragon"
in Hobbiton?

But Howe does ONE Apply?

Someone Please call the Anderson Family?
Bomby could
DO THIS!

Crazy

Roheryn
Grey Havens

Feb 15 2014, 11:14pm

Post #34 of 41 (187 views)
Shortcut
Massage therapist. [In reply to] Can't Post

Seriously, it's listed in the end credits. Someone got to be the Production Massage Therapist. Could it get any better than that?

And if I couldn't do that, then I'd like to have been Thorin's horse, for reasons rather related to why I chose my nick.

And if I had to actually be serious for a moment: horse wrangler or animal trainer/handler in general. That's what I'd be best at!

Though watching all the vlogs etc., it's hard not to get really inspired by all the creative talent that goes into the making of these movies. I'd love to be an artist of any sort, whether modelling or CGI or whatever. I have absolutely zero talent for it but I do get wishful, watching how dedicated everyone is, and how they get to live their passion. It would be so wonderful to get to use your talent to its full geeky extreme for such a project!

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Feb 15 2014, 11:55pm

Post #35 of 41 (165 views)
Shortcut
Percy of Lake-town: [In reply to] Can't Post

Percy's the L-t customs officer who takes Bard's papers for the load of "fish" and they exchange a few words before Alfrid comes along, if I remember the time frame right. He's not the one that Bard tells afterwards, "You can keep the fish."

Don't know why he's named Percy, but your idea could go along with the idea of holding money - if we stretch it a bit, eh?

http://www.imdb.com/...?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t42

(This post was edited by Lissuin on Feb 16 2014, 12:02am)

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Feb 16 2014, 12:36am

Post #36 of 41 (153 views)
Shortcut
Genius. :D / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Meneldor
Tol Eressea

Feb 16 2014, 2:55am

Post #37 of 41 (142 views)
Shortcut
Great phrase! I've logged a bunch of those hours. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Frequent
Fantasy
Flyer Mileage

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Dame Ioreth
Grey Havens

Feb 16 2014, 3:45am

Post #38 of 41 (144 views)
Shortcut
Script Girl / assistant writer [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd love to sit and listen to how they wrote this script and then how they took all the input from the actors etc and made it even better. I am fascinated with how they managed to develop the characters.

Then I'd get to *deliver* the script to Thorin... I mean all the actors. Blush

Belated Happy Valentines Day to you too Bomby!

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Feb 16 2014, 9:05am

Post #39 of 41 (129 views)
Shortcut
Set dresser... [In reply to] Can't Post

Mind you, with the amount of green screen these days, it could be a dying art! Wink

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

iduna
Rivendell

Feb 16 2014, 9:35pm

Post #40 of 41 (104 views)
Shortcut
Script girl for me too! [In reply to] Can't Post

Except I'd probably be demoted to tea-maker or something after a day, because I would be too full of ideas that I wouldn't be able to keep to myself.

I would also be happy to make costumes. Or I could crochet doilies! I am pretty good at crochet (guess I've got the balls for it).

Cirashala
Grey Havens

Feb 17 2014, 6:50am

Post #41 of 41 (107 views)
Shortcut
fascinating post Bomby! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am an archer myself, so while I'm still a bit amateur (don't get as much time as I would wish to practice due to two small kids) I would have LOVED to work with weapons training in some capacity.

I am also 5 foot, so I would have absolutely adored being a scale double (except on the infamous scene 88, I'm sure Wink)

I have also dealt with animals, and can ride quite well, so I wouldn't have minded working with the horses.

I can sew (though not as good as the prod crew! Those costumes are BEAUTIFUL), so I wouldn't have minded the costuming department either.

If it weren't for the LONG days and early mornings (I have a sleep disorder) I wouldn't have minded makeup either.

I also am an actress (extra work so far, but I don't live in the best area for it and so there isn't much work to be had unless I can come up with money to fly to auditions- but I REFUSE to move to hollywood- lived in southern California for 4.5 years from kindergarten to 4th grade, and HATED it). Viggo Mortensen lives an hour north, but he's got PLENTY of money to fly all over the place for auditions....maybe I have a rich relative somewhere- oh, wait. Everyone in my extended family is broke...Crazy

I would have loved to have been one of the dwarves (but a) I'm female, and b) me next to the dwarf actors would have made me look like a female hobbit compared to them!)

There's an idea....

Too bad I live in the US, and not NZ.... Pirate My hair is naturally very curly, so I would have made a great hobbit, I think.... Unsure

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.