Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
TABA runtime concerns

Elondria
The Shire

Feb 12 2014, 7:13pm

Post #1 of 12 (830 views)
Shortcut
TABA runtime concerns Can't Post

I found several YouTube videos streaming TABA. No, I haven’t watched it and don’t intend to, but that’s not the point. Point is, they were all about an hour and 44 minutes. 1:44! That’s an hour less than the previously shortest-running ME film (DOS). Is this right? Maybe they only have a partial version? How on Middle-Earth are they going to be able to wrap up all the loose threads they’ve been throwing at us and maintain the emotional intensity of… certain scenes… in under two hours?

I hear your still voice calling my heart… I’d rip my world down to follow the sound. –Nine Lashes

Skaan
Lorien

Feb 12 2014, 7:15pm

Post #2 of 12 (533 views)
Shortcut
It's over [In reply to] Can't Post

Peter Jackson is finished.

Defiant
Bree

Feb 12 2014, 7:28pm

Post #3 of 12 (497 views)
Shortcut
Not TABA. [In reply to] Can't Post

You think someone has uploaded a film that is ten months away from being finished to Youtube? Seriously? This is just some youtuber trying to bait people to visit their site.

Lindele
Gondor

Feb 12 2014, 7:28pm

Post #4 of 12 (448 views)
Shortcut
This is one of the more [In reply to] Can't Post

ridiculous threads i've seen in awhile

Elondria
The Shire

Feb 12 2014, 7:31pm

Post #5 of 12 (448 views)
Shortcut
Lol just checking [In reply to] Can't Post

This is actually exactly what I was thinking, but it did seriously make me wonder, especially since all the instances I saw had the same runtimes. For all I know, someone somehow managed to leak it.

I hear your still voice calling my heart… I’d rip my world down to follow the sound. –Nine Lashes

LordotRings93
Rohan

Feb 12 2014, 7:52pm

Post #6 of 12 (380 views)
Shortcut
Whaaa? [In reply to] Can't Post

Even if you're not internet-savvy, you should know that half the streams for films on YouTube are fake and only lead to external sites. How would the film be on YouTube anyway when it hasn't even been released yet AND probably isn't done with post-production yet?

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Roheryn
Grey Havens

Feb 12 2014, 7:55pm

Post #7 of 12 (406 views)
Shortcut
There's absolutely no way [In reply to] Can't Post

that TABA is currently anywhere near completed. PJ is well-known for tinkering with the movies right down to the wire. Wasn't it just about two-three days before the world premiere that he finished with AUJ? I suspect it's pretty likely they'll be doing pickups for TABA in a few months. And I'm sure there's a LOT of postproduction work remaining to be done before the movie is even close to finished. So, whatever you found on YouTube can't possibly be the real TABA!

Elondria
The Shire

Feb 12 2014, 8:06pm

Post #8 of 12 (378 views)
Shortcut
Genuine thanks, everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

All this did run through my mind. As for LordotRings93, I’ve never cared enough about a movie to take notice of these before, and Roheryn, this is part of why I was worried. It didn’t make sense that there would even be a releasable form yet. I figured it was a scam, but knew I would always wonder if I didn't ask. Believe it or not, having everyone totally discredit my find is incredibly comforting on many, many levels. Smile

Annatar598
Rohan

Feb 12 2014, 8:32pm

Post #9 of 12 (392 views)
Shortcut
Haha! [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think it's in PJ to make a movie less than 3 hours long. God knows how hard it was to trim The Hobbit films. Even though it's three long movies, it still feels rushed!

"[Annatar598] is an overzealous apologist [for PJ]" - Certain TORn member.

Really? Alright...

Well, proud to be one I guess.

Thranderz
Rohan

Feb 12 2014, 9:03pm

Post #10 of 12 (289 views)
Shortcut
Haha! [In reply to] Can't Post

It was more like 2 to 3 hours!

I simply walked into Mordor.

stoutfiles
Rohan

Feb 13 2014, 4:10am

Post #11 of 12 (206 views)
Shortcut
Oh no, TABA IS online! [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2gE7-J9B6w

I really like the style Peter chose for this film, it's unlike any of the others.

Starling
Half-elven

Feb 13 2014, 6:18am

Post #12 of 12 (198 views)
Shortcut
The version on YouTube is the real deal [In reply to] Can't Post

It's only the first installment of the eight part There and Back Again, and Again, and Again. Cool

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.