Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
You mean... NO WAY!

xxxyyy
Rohan

Feb 8, 10:50pm

Views: 22
Shortcut
You mean... NO WAY! [In reply to] Can't Post

You mean PJ went into the trouble to show us Azanulbizar and the origin of the name Oakenshild.
Then he developed the most important character in the Hobbit, or at least the one everyone was waiting and during the process of writing his lines he explicitly used the name Oakenshild... by mistake?!?

I just cannot believe that.

I think it will be explained, but not in the way you said.
It will be subtle, in a clever way, or just hinted at, or maybe indirect, like showing a nazgul entering Erebor and maybe another one lurking near Moria during Azanulbizar.

Subject User Time
What and how does Smaug know? Bishop Send a private message to Bishop Feb 6, 10:22pm
    Smaug Hamfast of Gamwich Send a private message to Hamfast of Gamwich Feb 6, 10:37pm
        So Bishop Send a private message to Bishop Feb 6, 11:05pm
            No LordotRings93 Send a private message to LordotRings93 Feb 6, 11:16pm
                Yes Bishop Send a private message to Bishop Feb 6, 11:21pm
    Several sources? Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Feb 6, 11:08pm
        Smaug says it Directly.."I knew this day would COME!" Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Feb 6, 11:15pm
            No. I don't think Smaug is psychic Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Feb 6, 11:21pm
    I actually like that he calls Thorin "Oakenshield" macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Feb 6, 11:25pm
        I don't mind this at all Bishop Send a private message to Bishop Feb 6, 11:33pm
    Smaug's knowledge Elarie Send a private message to Elarie Feb 7, 12:05am
    What I want to know is, ... Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Feb 7, 12:15am
        I think Bishop Send a private message to Bishop Feb 7, 12:34am
        I think that the Dwarves had lots of gold! Hamfast Gamgee Send a private message to Hamfast Gamgee Feb 7, 12:40am
        Just remember, Thaddeus Send a private message to Thaddeus Feb 7, 1:34am
    We don't know. Let's hope PJ knew what he was doing... xxxyyy Send a private message to xxxyyy Feb 7, 2:17am
        It doesn't need an explanation LordotRings93 Send a private message to LordotRings93 Feb 7, 2:28am
            Come on now Bishop Send a private message to Bishop Feb 7, 2:36am
                I didn't say that LordotRings93 Send a private message to LordotRings93 Feb 7, 3:05am
                    I'm not complaining about continuity errors though Bishop Send a private message to Bishop Feb 7, 3:20am
            You mean... NO WAY! xxxyyy Send a private message to xxxyyy Feb 8, 10:50pm
    Maybe some robbers managed to get inside erebor now and then Ffnir Send a private message to Ffnir Feb 7, 11:58am
    Smaug's knowledge isn't a continuity error..... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Feb 7, 1:38pm
        Yes indeed burgahobbit Send a private message to burgahobbit Feb 7, 4:52pm
    It could also be Calithilel Send a private message to Calithilel Feb 7, 6:21pm
    Many foolish men and dwarves went to the mountain Welsh hero Send a private message to Welsh hero Feb 8, 12:09am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.