Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Great scene

Anduinel
The Shire

Feb 10, 6:49am

Views: 24
Shortcut
Great scene [In reply to] Can't Post

I really liked the scene for two reasons:

1) It quietly enhances just how apocalyptic Smaug's coming was for the Dwarves. He was so intimidating that this group would rather die by inches in a side cavern than take a chance at running for it.

2) It makes Thorin & Company's ability to elude Smaug during the final chase scene a bit more believable when I know that Smaug didn't actually catch and kill every Dwarf in the mountain, even the ones that were trapped in there with him.

Subject User Time
"The last of our kin..." scene macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Feb 6, 11:07am
    It was a really NecromancerRising Send a private message to NecromancerRising Feb 6, 11:27am
        Was there a dead infant? Annatar598 Send a private message to Annatar598 Feb 6, 1:00pm
            Dead Infant Elarie Send a private message to Elarie Feb 6, 1:55pm
    i cried legolin12 Send a private message to legolin12 Feb 6, 2:06pm
    I did really like this scene Ham_Sammy Send a private message to Ham_Sammy Feb 6, 2:33pm
    I think this is my favorite scene in the entire movie Old Toby Send a private message to Old Toby Feb 6, 3:27pm
        beautifully said Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Feb 6, 5:46pm
    It's heart-breaking.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Feb 6, 4:27pm
    This scene is beautiful and heartbreaking Noria Send a private message to Noria Feb 6, 4:43pm
    Importance of the score; I too really enjoyed this. The Grey Pilgrim Send a private message to The Grey Pilgrim Feb 6, 4:55pm
        It really does Annatar598 Send a private message to Annatar598 Feb 6, 5:21pm
    One of the few good scenes... MorgolKing Send a private message to MorgolKing Feb 6, 9:00pm
        Touching scene... kilifili Send a private message to kilifili Feb 6, 9:21pm
    It was strong EXCEPT, for its obvious internal inaccuracy. Obviously those deceased AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Feb 6, 9:15pm
        but I think that is a reference to those left behind Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Feb 6, 9:23pm
        It is related to... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Feb 7, 2:20am
    One of the most powerful scenes for me Kim Send a private message to Kim Feb 6, 9:52pm
        heartbreaking Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Feb 6, 10:03pm
            An Echo to finding..."Balin's Tomb"...FOTR Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Feb 6, 11:04pm
                Except now I don't believe it Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Feb 7, 1:31am
                    Balin Noria Send a private message to Noria Feb 7, 1:12pm
                        Moria and Dwarrodelf Elanor of Rohan Send a private message to Elanor of Rohan Feb 7, 2:13pm
                            casting Bill Connolly Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Feb 7, 4:40pm
                    Hmmm, good point Kilidoescartwheels Send a private message to Kilidoescartwheels Feb 8, 3:16am
    loved it Elskidor Send a private message to Elskidor Feb 7, 1:00am
    My problem with the scene... FoFo64 Send a private message to FoFo64 Feb 7, 3:18am
        Moisture in the air. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Feb 7, 7:43am
            Nice logic! FoFo64 Send a private message to FoFo64 Feb 7, 2:10pm
        air at higher elevations is very dry, also caves can be dry Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Feb 7, 4:46pm
    The bodies on the floor Kilidoescartwheels Send a private message to Kilidoescartwheels Feb 8, 3:24am
    Great scene Anduinel Send a private message to Anduinel Feb 10, 6:49am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.