Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Final Spurt: The Box Office of DOS
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Avandel
Valinor

Feb 9 2014, 3:57am

Post #51 of 55 (85 views)
Shortcut
Really lots of Legolas and Tauriel? [In reply to] Can't Post

"The one thing I am sure of that is that there will be much more Legolas and Tauriel in the last movie, Kili and Tauriel too, as well as lots of orc fighting and stunts. PJ is what he is."

Too true that PJ is what he is - but I wonder. There's no way to really know except by impressions, but overall feels a tho the inclusion of Legolas and Tauriel got a muted response. And PJ & co. should know that.

As in "eh" - not a screaming wave of approval. On the other hand w. minimal screen time Thranduil seems to be a huge hit "badass", "sexy", etc. So I wonder, whatever PJ may think of Legolas and Tauriel, as far the audience is concerned it wasn't an out of the ballpark success to have as much of those two as PJ did, IF part of the reason to include them was to get people in seats.

And there's no real point to making a big focus on them re TABA - not that that would slow PJ down from doing what he wanted. More Thranduil, and Beorn for that matter, I suspect would go over rather well.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Feb 10 2014, 11:30pm

Post #52 of 55 (60 views)
Shortcut
Too true, Avandel [In reply to] Can't Post

So agree with you and hope this is the case. Wink

Elessar
Valinor

Feb 11 2014, 12:19am

Post #53 of 55 (54 views)
Shortcut
Then I pretty much made up for them. lol [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw it four times. Trying to schedule a fifth time soon.

Thyia
Bree

Feb 11 2014, 1:37am

Post #54 of 55 (64 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I'm sure there will be quite a lot of Tauriel & Legolas. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
"The one thing I am sure of that is that there will be much more Legolas and Tauriel in the last movie, Kili and Tauriel too, as well as lots of orc fighting and stunts. PJ is what he is."

Too true that PJ is what he is - but I wonder. There's no way to really know except by impressions, but overall feels a tho the inclusion of Legolas and Tauriel got a muted response. And PJ & co. should know that.

I believe the critics were overall pretty favorable toward both Tauriel and Legolas in DoS. Many wrote that the inclusion of Tauriel to the story was a very good thing - that's certainly not a muted response. Yes, you can say that it's not the critics whose opinion counts, but their voices will be likely be heard by PJ & company way above the few who complain here. I don't see that TABA will have any less of them. In fact, I'd be willing to bet there could be even more of them than in DoS. All of the story lines that have been established so far will have to play out somehow, including the 'love triangle'. Love it or hate it, it's going to be in TABA, and likely in the promotions (what little there may be) as well.

As to the popularity of Thranduil... I'm not sure I see much about him outside of this forum. I don't recall seeing all that much about Thranduil in reviews or Lee Pace interviews - certainly not like there was with Evangeline Lilly and Tauriel. Like lots of fans here, I'd love to see a lot more of Thranduil and Beorn in TABA, and I'm pretty sure we'll get more of both, than in DoS. But I would doubt it will be at the expense of Tauriel and Legolas.

The Grey Pilgrim
Lorien

Apr 8 2014, 2:42pm

Post #55 of 55 (27 views)
Shortcut
Yess! CALLED IT! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Thinking around 950 million! Would love to see it break $1 Billion; but I think that's just out of reach at this point. But there's still "There and Back Again!" to do some heavy lifting Wink

Said that a few months ago, I am proud of myself Wink but sad it didn't break the big $1 billion

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.