Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
Will we ever get the EE's on one disc, rather than two?

TheImaginator
Rivendell

Feb 1 2014, 1:28pm

Post #1 of 14 (520 views)
Shortcut
Will we ever get the EE's on one disc, rather than two? Can't Post

If so, when?! Wink

They've done it with TH bluray EE, so I don't see why they couldn't with LOTR. They are soon re releasing a steelbook EE version of FOTR. Any chance this version will have the whole EE film on one disc?

Magpie
Immortal

Feb 1 2014, 4:22pm

Post #2 of 14 (355 views)
Shortcut
I thought discs were dead [In reply to] Can't Post

it's all in the cloud, now, baby.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

book Gandalf
Rohan

Feb 1 2014, 10:29pm

Post #3 of 14 (310 views)
Shortcut
well [In reply to] Can't Post

you could rip the EE dvd or bluray and then edit them together and burn them onto a disc of your choice, you may need to play around with the output settings but its doable.

or buy them on itunes, no disc at all!

This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party.

HeadingSouth
Bree

Feb 1 2014, 10:56pm

Post #4 of 14 (314 views)
Shortcut
T [In reply to] Can't Post

That version is on 2 discs.

Patty
Immortal

Feb 7 2014, 2:58pm

Post #5 of 14 (234 views)
Shortcut
I know this is a big issue for some folks... [In reply to] Can't Post

but as long as the folks who put the movie on the disc feel that they can still get a superior picture by letting the movie spread out over two discs I'm cool with it. More than cool, actually, because the break comes just about when I need to break to visit the porcelain room, or to refresh my refreshments. And I'm a picture quality snob.

No, the only issue I'm caring about at all is that I want a re-release with the deleted scenes on there. I've wanted these for like, forever.

Permanent address: Into the West

Patty
Immortal

Feb 7 2014, 3:01pm

Post #6 of 14 (240 views)
Shortcut
Ha!! Discs will not be dead anytime soon... [In reply to] Can't Post

There's too much money to be made on them.

But seriously, a great number of us prefer to have physical media. And when Disney made the decision to take some of their stuff out of people's cloud storage-- stuff, mind you, that they had paid for, --that cemented our decision even further.

Magpie
Immortal

Feb 7 2014, 3:53pm

Post #7 of 14 (233 views)
Shortcut
I swear I saw an article on TORn about this... [In reply to] Can't Post

and I spent way too much time trying to track it down but couldn't find it.

I don't know that people like us matter in the world of commerce, Patty. I get reminders every day that I don't.

Patty
Immortal

Feb 7 2014, 3:59pm

Post #8 of 14 (218 views)
Shortcut
Ignore them. You matter to us. [In reply to] Can't Post

How are you surviving the cold weather?

Magpie
Immortal

Feb 7 2014, 4:09pm

Post #9 of 14 (214 views)
Shortcut
Life in sub-zero is this side of miserable [In reply to] Can't Post

Mostly, although I can go out and do, I don't want to. Simple things like going to the post office get postponed with hopes that it might actually get to 20 some day.

And parking on the street becomes more difficult as they don't get plowed to the curb and streets narrow.

We do this ridiculous duck walk trying not to slip on ice and my pant legs always have salt on the hems of them from traipsing through the slush of parking lots.

I am so tired of my fingertips and feet being perpetually cold. I went into a comedy rant the other night: How come, in the 21st century, we can have all these gadgets and technology but I can't find a pair of gloves that allow my fingers the flexibility for driving while keeping them warm. I just want warm fingers! It feels like I have those spring-style clothespins attached to the tips of them whenever I'm out!

current temp -1 C.

upside - I'm not spending much money. :-)

Patty
Immortal

Feb 7 2014, 4:16pm

Post #10 of 14 (203 views)
Shortcut
We are at a heat wave of 4 degrees ! Although... [In reply to] Can't Post

we were well below zero last night.

The day that I went out to get our medicines and some extra food I was saved from freezing and from having to breathe the horribly cold air by my neck gaiter. Thanks so much ! I thought I was going to have to wear it to go with Mr. Patty to his first post op doctor appt., but I didn't end up going then --he went alone.

And Amazon has been my friend in more ways than one. I've even ordered Mr. Patty's valentine's present from there.Angelic

oops, you are using Celsius I was using Fahrenheit..

(This post was edited by Patty on Feb 7 2014, 4:20pm)

Patty
Immortal

Feb 7 2014, 4:24pm

Post #11 of 14 (213 views)
Shortcut
I don't know about TORn, but here is an article about it... [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/10/24/missing-disney-pixar-movies/

elf-lady
Rivendell

Feb 10 2014, 9:53pm

Post #12 of 14 (194 views)
Shortcut
Wait what?! [In reply to] Can't Post

How can they do that?
*dashes off to read the linked article above*

(This post was edited by elf-lady on Feb 10 2014, 9:54pm)

Greypilgrim
Bree

Feb 15 2014, 1:36am

Post #13 of 14 (186 views)
Shortcut
there is a limited edition [In reply to] Can't Post

you can still get hold of the first two in the UK pretty easily but ROTK is more rare for some reason.

These versions have both the TE and EE on one disc- albeit it has two sides but there you are it is still only one disc technically!

Here's a link to FOTR Limited Edition DVD (UK though) can you get this in USA or elsewhere? I don't know.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lord-Rings-Fellowship-Special-Limited/dp/B000GUJF2I/ref=sr_1_7?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1392428035&sr=1-7&keywords=lord+of+the+rings+special+edition

Hope that helps?

Loresilme
Valinor

Feb 27 2014, 7:33pm

Post #14 of 14 (154 views)
Shortcut
And if it can happen with movies [In reply to] Can't Post

Perhaps the scariest part of all of this is that it serves as a reminder that movies (or content in general) you’ve purchased from iTunes can disappear from iTunes in the Cloud at any time, leaving you without a way to access them on new devices.

It can happen with books. All the books, all the knowledge scooped up into the cloud, and then poof, turn off the connection to it.

That is one scary, scary future scenario that I hope remains science fiction.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.