The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
Cards: I received my copy of 'Hobbit Tales' today

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jan 27 2014, 4:17pm

Post #1 of 5 (290 views)
Shortcut
Cards: I received my copy of 'Hobbit Tales' today Can't Post

I'm not sure that 'copy' is the right term for a story-telling card game! The box arrived via UPS shortly after I shoveled the walk. I've unpacked the contents and the cards and other components are terrific. The board, counters and coasters (!) are thick and sturdy. The cards are on high-quality stock and the art is gorgeous. I even love the feat die (12-sided die, numbered 1 to 10 plus a "G" rune and an "Eye of Sauron"). The rule booklet, in addition to the rules for the game, also has instructions on how to use the cards in conjunction with The One Ring role-playing game.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Jan 27 2014, 4:19pm)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jan 30 2014, 4:38pm

Post #2 of 5 (211 views)
Shortcut
'Hobbit Tales' in U.S. Stores This Week [In reply to] Can't Post

Posted at Cubicle 7:

Hitting the shelves of all good US hobby stores this week from Cubicle 7: Hobbit Tales, The Third Doctor Sourcebook and Blacksand for Advanced Fighting Fantasy!

The Third Doctor Sourcebook is a suppliment for the role-playing game Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space. Blacksand is published by Cubicle 7 in partnership with Arion Games.

Hobbit Tales was officially released on January 24 and is already available from U.K. retailers.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Beorn's Bees
Lorien

Feb 10 2014, 11:08pm

Post #3 of 5 (139 views)
Shortcut
How is it? [In reply to] Can't Post

I was looking at this the other day and was thinking of ordering it, but I thought I would wait to see if it is worth it. So, is it worth it?

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 11 2014, 1:16am

Post #4 of 5 (132 views)
Shortcut
It's very nice [In reply to] Can't Post

The components are sturdy and of excellent quality. I've read over the rules booklet, but we haven't actually played a hand of the game yet (we'd like to get more than two players together first). Still, it looks fun and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

One thing. You will have to find an opaque container of some type in which to place the counters. However, that should be a simple matter. A small paper bag would work as well as anything else.

Beorn's Bees
Lorien

Feb 11 2014, 2:40am

Post #5 of 5 (210 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's good to know that it is good quality. I have done some more research on it and I am thinking of purchasing it. It looks great!!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.