Some editing required, perhaps?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Starling
Half-elven

Jan 27 2014, 7:06am

Post #101 of 107 (662 views)
Shortcut
My naughty Aunty tricked my Mum [In reply to] Can't Post

When they were little girls, my Mum's younger sister was a real trickster. She tricked my Mum into eating a slug in lettuce in a sandwich. She also fooled her into eating 'currants'. They weren't.

elaen32
Gondor

Jan 27 2014, 8:05am

Post #102 of 107 (659 views)
Shortcut
Nothing wrong with a bit of extra protein! [In reply to] Can't Post

WinkFrown Well, the French eat snails, after all FrownFrown Such a salad might not be a good vegetarian option thoughCrazy

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 27 2014, 8:05am

Post #103 of 107 (658 views)
Shortcut
Eeeeewwwww! [In reply to] Can't Post

I take it that sheep had passed by not long before.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

elaen32
Gondor

Jan 27 2014, 8:07am

Post #104 of 107 (644 views)
Shortcut
Yeeeuuucchh!!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Starling
Half-elven

Jan 27 2014, 8:45am

Post #105 of 107 (735 views)
Shortcut
No, [In reply to] Can't Post

rabbits.
Still, it could have been worse. They could have been Rhosgobel rabbits. Laugh

Brethil
Half-elven

Jan 28 2014, 5:15pm

Post #106 of 107 (634 views)
Shortcut
Ohhhh.. the 'currants' [In reply to] Can't Post

(*blech*) They do look like that!
I don't have many 'trickery' stories per se, but my Dad did accidentally put an arrow into my uncle's head at age 7. They kept it secret for 30 years. My grandmother thwapped them both soundly when she finally found out.

Have an idea relating to the world of JRR Tolkien that you would like to write about? If so, the Third TORn Amateur Symposium will be running in the Reading Room in April, 2014. We hope to see you there!

Brethil
Half-elven

Jan 28 2014, 5:17pm

Post #107 of 107 (665 views)
Shortcut
Snails. Not for me. [In reply to] Can't Post

I always think of schistosomiasis. I don't care if they are cooked or whatever...blech.
So another pub specialty we will have to avoid! Laugh

Have an idea relating to the world of JRR Tolkien that you would like to write about? If so, the Third TORn Amateur Symposium will be running in the Reading Room in April, 2014. We hope to see you there!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.