Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
I think Smaug would devour / swallow it

Escapist
Gondor

Jan 25, 11:16am

Views: 116
Shortcut
I think Smaug would devour / swallow it [In reply to] Can't Post

whole.

That's what became of many of the dwarven rings, as I remember.

Based on other cues from the movie, I would say he knows pretty well what it is and would enjoy watching it torture and mangle people all around and would prefer to allow the darkness to settle all around first before devouring the ring that caused it.

I wonder ... when dragons devour great rings ... does some of that ring's magic get released into them and add to their own power? Galurung was dangerous not only because of his physical presence, but also his cruel and twisted magic power over others.

Subject User Time
If Smaug had the ring Pazeer Send a private message to Pazeer Jan 18, 6:39pm
    Worse yet... KasDel Send a private message to KasDel Jan 18, 7:35pm
        as it is gold, he would have stored it in his pile.. No one would have been able to find it Rickster Send a private message to Rickster Jan 18, 8:54pm
            At least.... KasDel Send a private message to KasDel Jan 18, 9:14pm
                yeah, great point Bishop Send a private message to Bishop Jan 19, 4:05am
    Awesome question Ellanara Send a private message to Ellanara Jan 18, 9:20pm
    He would keep it. Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jan 18, 9:30pm
    If Smaug had the ring Silranhir Send a private message to Silranhir Jan 18, 11:42pm
    actually... Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jan 19, 12:50am
    I wonder if it would be like grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jan 21, 5:15pm
        In LOTR Barrow-Wight Send a private message to Barrow-Wight Jan 22, 2:08pm
            There ya go! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jan 22, 5:51pm
                technically I guess Barrow-Wight Send a private message to Barrow-Wight Jan 22, 6:48pm
    Does the Ring work for Smaug, a non Middle Earth humanoid? the 13th warrior Send a private message to the 13th warrior Jan 25, 11:08am
    I think Smaug would devour / swallow it Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Jan 25, 11:16am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.