Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
TABA prologue

DemoElite
Rivendell

Jan 17 2014, 4:18am

Post #1 of 17 (1222 views)
Shortcut
TABA prologue Can't Post

My guess it will be the history of dragons in middle earth and their ties with morgoth and Sauron. This would work well in cutting straight to smaug in flight to lake town. Would also help sauron's history and how he becomes what he is at this point. it fits perfectly in sequence to me.

Prologues so far
TH AUJ- dwarf/ smaug backstory
TH DOS- quest for erebor sequence
TH TABA- ?
LOTR FOTR- one ring backstory
LOTR TTT- gandalf/Balrog Sequence
LOTR ROTK- gollum corruption backstory

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!

Thaddeus
Bree

Jan 17 2014, 6:25am

Post #2 of 17 (658 views)
Shortcut
It'll be [In reply to] Can't Post

some sort of sequence that restates the main plot of the movie, like Dos's.
Thorin's childhood is another possibility.

Rickster
Rohan

Jan 17 2014, 7:33am

Post #3 of 17 (542 views)
Shortcut
The origin of Gandalf, Sauraman and Radagast would also be good [In reply to] Can't Post

We have seen many origins but not the white council and not Gandalf.

In Reply To
some sort of sequence that restates the main plot of the movie, like Dos's.
Thorin's childhood is another possibility.

Arandir
Gondor

Jan 17 2014, 7:42am

Post #4 of 17 (530 views)
Shortcut
Dain [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be interesting to see the TABA prologue introducing the character of Dain is some may - his personality, motivations, etc - perhaps we may even get to know why he didn't attend the meeting of the seven Kingdoms in AUJ.

Getting to know him will prove to be an important exposition once his role becomes essential before and during the BOFA.

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Jan 17 2014, 10:35am

Post #5 of 17 (466 views)
Shortcut
I know they don't have rights to name the blue wizards, [In reply to] Can't Post

but do they have the rights to show them?
They clearly have rights to mention their existence, so could them show them too, without naming them?

Vocalist in the progressive metal band 5 Minutes Late
and the progressive doom rock band Mater Thallium

Boromir Stark
Rivendell

Jan 17 2014, 10:57am

Post #6 of 17 (434 views)
Shortcut
I would also like to see something involving Dain. [In reply to] Can't Post

One idea I had a while ago was another flashback to Azanulbizar, but from Dain's point of view. It could be used to not only introduce us to Dain and his badassery, but also show us what happened to Thrain, from Dain's eyes.

Maybe Thrain gets dragged off into Moria as a captive, and as some of the Dwarves go after him Dain stops them, uttering his canon prophecy of how it was impossible for the Dwarves to enter Moria until a greater power arrived (alluding obviously to the Balrog and it's future battle with Gandalf).

Thranderz
Rohan

Jan 17 2014, 11:44am

Post #7 of 17 (438 views)
Shortcut
I'm hoping for [In reply to] Can't Post

either Bard or Dain to be the focus of the TABA prologue.

I simply walked into Mordor.

book Gandalf
Rohan

Jan 17 2014, 1:46pm

Post #8 of 17 (392 views)
Shortcut
wraithes [In reply to] Can't Post

i think it could be how the nazgul escaped their tombs and some sauron stuff, eerily dark opening..love it..

This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party.

Skaan
Lorien

Jan 17 2014, 2:27pm

Post #9 of 17 (384 views)
Shortcut
I honestly have no idea what the prologue could be [In reply to] Can't Post

But something tells me it's going to be one hell of an opening scene (it being PJ's last Middle-earth prologue and all).

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jan 17 2014, 3:03pm

Post #10 of 17 (400 views)
Shortcut
A few pages back here, Bomby wrote about the [In reply to] Can't Post

"The Recruitment of the Dwarves in Ered Luin"..
you can do a search for that?

Quick Backstories of the "Other Dwarves"
would Flesh out their Characters...
& Many like Bombur need
Fleshing out.

Also it could show Dis letting go
of Fili & Kili?

So, Bomby sticks to his Knives & Swords
on that issue.

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Jan 17 2014, 3:04pm)

Thaddeus
Bree

Jan 17 2014, 4:22pm

Post #11 of 17 (304 views)
Shortcut
Or maybe [In reply to] Can't Post

Mount Gundabad. I would love that.

Elskidor
Rohan

Jan 17 2014, 6:21pm

Post #12 of 17 (286 views)
Shortcut
I like this [In reply to] Can't Post

The origins of the wizards would be amazing. There is so many they could chose from though, and no matter what is chosen there will still be something left out that would impact the entire Middle Earth movie series. So I suppose anything will work, but I'm hoping it is great either way.

Tolkien Elimination Game (Round 5: Elves)

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=704543;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Rickster
Rohan

Jan 17 2014, 6:39pm

Post #13 of 17 (265 views)
Shortcut
or the Ring of Dwarfs [In reply to] Can't Post

It needs to be explained to the people, why it is important.
Of course PJ knows that most have seen the 3 Lord of Rings movies, but it would be good to explain where the wizzards come from and what is so important about that ring of the Dwarfs (he has the ring of men, he has some of the Dwarfrings .. but none of the ring of Elfs if I am correct and still he needs the ring of Dwarfs.. although Sauroman says in UEJ that he has no use for it as long as the ONE ring is lost... he still seems to be after it)
That needs a bit more explaining I think.

I said it before.. I am glad i am not PJ. The choices are enormous and no matter what he chooses... there will be pro and contra

Mooseboy018
Gondor

Jan 17 2014, 8:05pm

Post #14 of 17 (227 views)
Shortcut
rights [In reply to] Can't Post

From what I remember the majority of the information about the wizards' origins is in Unfinished Tales, which they don't have the rights to.

And as cool as it would be, I don't think that information is really relevant to the main plot of the story anyway.

burgahobbit
Rohan

Jan 18 2014, 4:36am

Post #15 of 17 (178 views)
Shortcut
Good idea [In reply to] Can't Post

Dis letting go of Fili and Kili would be a very nice prologue. Smile

"I've found it is the small things, everyday deeds of ordinary folk, that keeps the darkness at bay. Simple acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps it is because Im afraid, and he gives me courage. - Gandalf the Grey.

"Do not be afraid Mithrandir, if ever you should need my help, I will come." - Lady Galadriel.

Thaddeus
Bree

Jan 18 2014, 6:19pm

Post #16 of 17 (105 views)
Shortcut
Meeting of the dwarves! [In reply to] Can't Post

Or maybe it could be Thorin's meeting with the seven dwarven kingdoms! The one which makes him late in coming to Bag End. This would both reinstate the quest and introduce Dain(And whatever other political subplots that are going on betwixt Dain and Thorin.)

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Jan 18 2014, 10:06pm

Post #17 of 17 (97 views)
Shortcut
Should there be a prologue? [In reply to] Can't Post

With so much ground to cover, I wonder if the film should just get into the action right away.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.