Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Mouth of Sauron in TABA?

DemoElite
Rivendell

Jan 17 2014, 1:18am

Post #1 of 16 (1009 views)
Shortcut
The Mouth of Sauron in TABA? Can't Post

It seems that it's quite possible we will be introduced to this character in either Dol Goddur or Battle of Five Armies. The history of the character in the book is that he was a black number an who fell into Saurons graces when Sauron returned, guessing the third age hobbit timeline? In ROTK film, he was leading the army of Sauron to the black gate as Aragon beheaded him. He was either a man of religion or wizardry before he turned. Could pj plan him to be one of the blue wizards that fell into saurons darkness? Could he be a man of dale/lake town ? Could he be radagast? Alfrid? Just throwing some ideas out, since anything is possible in Jackson's hobbit world. This would be a nice transition from a film point of view. What do u think?

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!

FrostyLemon
The Shire

Jan 17 2014, 1:28am

Post #2 of 16 (548 views)
Shortcut
Interesting possibility... [In reply to] Can't Post

Black Numenorean from Umbar I suppose? Ooo what about Eärnur? The last we heard of him he challenged the Witch King of Angmar at Minas Morgul and was never seen again. He could have been corrupted into the Mouth.

(This post was edited by FrostyLemon on Jan 17 2014, 1:29am)

Rickster
Rohan

Jan 17 2014, 1:37am

Post #3 of 16 (489 views)
Shortcut
Wow.. that is all so cool [In reply to] Can't Post

I also wonder how Sauron will travel from the castle to his new hiding place
as a cloud
as an eye...
or carried in a bottle

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Jan 17 2014, 2:54am

Post #4 of 16 (424 views)
Shortcut
i vote yes on this [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

photo 1bf768b4-0b33-420d-9c59-41ea3cf03def_zps1d44c4cf.jpg

tsmith675
Gondor

Jan 17 2014, 3:36am

Post #5 of 16 (435 views)
Shortcut
If, and that's a big if, that happens, [In reply to] Can't Post

I would only expect it to be a small little cameo in the EE of TaBA. I think it could be a cool idea, but it won't happen.

"This day we FIGHT!"

DemoElite
Rivendell

Jan 17 2014, 4:09am

Post #6 of 16 (390 views)
Shortcut
For such an important... [In reply to] Can't Post

...character, he was the LT. Of his army, after all. How did he come about that? We already saw the witch king! Why not the mouth?

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!

tsmith675
Gondor

Jan 17 2014, 4:18am

Post #7 of 16 (370 views)
Shortcut
I just don't see it happening... [In reply to] Can't Post

Especially because the Mouth of Sauron was cut out of the theatrical version of RotK. If the scene with him had been in the theatrical cut, I would say it would be more of a possibility. I guess anything is possible, but I just don't see it happening. Either way though, I think it could be really cool if done right.

"This day we FIGHT!"

Remus
Lorien

Jan 17 2014, 11:00am

Post #8 of 16 (280 views)
Shortcut
I would not say no [In reply to] Can't Post

to that. Mouth of Sauron was really well done in ROTK. He was really cool. "And who is this? Isildurs heir? It takes more to make a king than a broken elvish blade!". Really badass.

I wanna see more about him. He was like the one talking to Sauron in person and then informing his armies and the Nazgul what to do next. Well maybe not the Nazgul, Sauron had a telephatic link with them. But the orc armies at least.

I wanna see a scene where we see Sauron walking the steps INSIDE of Bara-Dur and taking his seat upon his dark throne and summoning the eye, looking into the camera and then BAM! THE END.

-My thoughts on the best ending scene/post credit scene on TABA.

Rickster
Rohan

Jan 17 2014, 12:56pm

Post #9 of 16 (258 views)
Shortcut
but he was so easely killed.. that made him seem like a rooky [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
to that. Mouth of Sauron was really well done in ROTK. He was really cool. "And who is this? Isildurs heir? It takes more to make a king than a broken elvish blade!". Really badass.

I wanna see more about him. He was like the one talking to Sauron in person and then informing his armies and the Nazgul what to do next. Well maybe not the Nazgul, Sauron had a telephatic link with them. But the orc armies at least.

Elskidor
Rohan

Jan 17 2014, 5:27pm

Post #10 of 16 (191 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, as cool as it sounds [In reply to] Can't Post

the fact that he was never in the theatrical make this highly unlikely. I love some of the ideas of the OP though.

Tolkien Elimination Game (Round 5: Elves)

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=704543;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

burgahobbit
Rohan

Jan 17 2014, 6:43pm

Post #11 of 16 (184 views)
Shortcut
Ish Kakhfe [In reply to] Can't Post

And whatever else is said in that Khazdul insult, was only in the EE of FOTR, but made it into the TE of DOS. Just saying...

burgahobbit
Rohan

Jan 17 2014, 6:45pm

Post #12 of 16 (180 views)
Shortcut
Well it wasn't his fault [In reply to] Can't Post

Aragorn kinda crossed the line in killing him there during the truce...but oh well.
Besides, it would be awesome to see him as an epic b a character in The Hobbit so that one might fear him in LOTR, and then it would be very satisfying to see his head so easily chopped off. Sly

tsmith675
Gondor

Jan 17 2014, 7:17pm

Post #13 of 16 (170 views)
Shortcut
That's a line of dialogue, not a character. [In reply to] Can't Post

Huge difference.

"This day we FIGHT!"

Salmacis81
Tol Eressea

Jan 17 2014, 8:55pm

Post #14 of 16 (158 views)
Shortcut
Maybe... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but he'd probably have to be very young at this time. The Mouth IS a mortal Man, after all, and he doesn't have a Ring to stretch out his life-span like the Nazgul.

7.62 mm FMJ
Bree

Jan 18 2014, 10:10am

Post #15 of 16 (111 views)
Shortcut
IIRC he is a Numenorean [In reply to] Can't Post

His lifespan should be considerably longer than the "average" man.

KingTurgon
Rohan

Jan 23 2014, 1:35am

Post #16 of 16 (25 views)
Shortcut
What if [In reply to] Can't Post

He has one of the Dwarf rings of power? In the AUJ EE it is revealed that 2 were claimed by Sauron "before he fell in Mordor" - meaning The War of the Last Alliance. I could see PJ doing that. It's actually head cannon to me that he has one of the 7 anyway lol :)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.