Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
'What Say You' - The Hobbit Movie Reports ~ Rumours & Rumblings ~ Del Toro in talks to Direct ~ Jan 08
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 30 2008, 4:32pm

Post #76 of 100 (141 views)
Shortcut
His magic pants he kept a great secret, for he chiefly wore them when unpleasant callers came! / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Jan 30 2008, 4:51pm

Post #77 of 100 (118 views)
Shortcut
To say that Bilbo's pants were taken away is no description at all./ [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't want to go to work today,
But the master of the whip says nay, nay, nay.

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 30 2008, 4:54pm

Post #78 of 100 (124 views)
Shortcut
"You seem familiar with my pants, but I don't seem to remember smelling you before." / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Jan 30 2008, 5:00pm

Post #79 of 100 (143 views)
Shortcut
Now it's your turn, Peredhil lover!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Where's Frodo?

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Jan 30 2008, 5:02pm

Post #80 of 100 (128 views)
Shortcut
"If you come in peace. lay down your pants!"// [In reply to] Can't Post

Where's Frodo?

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 30 2008, 5:13pm

Post #81 of 100 (130 views)
Shortcut
"The mere fleeting glimpses of pants had rekindled all the fire of their dwarvish hearts..." / [In reply to] Can't Post

weaver
Half-elven

Jan 30 2008, 5:24pm

Post #82 of 100 (124 views)
Shortcut
After a while he stepped up, and with the spike on his staff scratched a queer sign on the hobbit's beautiful green pants./ [In reply to] Can't Post

Weaver

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jan 30 2008, 5:24pm

Post #83 of 100 (122 views)
Shortcut
"Now we are all here!" said Gandalf, looking at the row of thirteen pants—the best detachable party pants—and his own pants hanging on the pegs. // [In reply to] Can't Post

My LiveJournal

My Costuming Site

The Screencap of the Day Schedule

weaver
Half-elven

Jan 30 2008, 5:31pm

Post #84 of 100 (124 views)
Shortcut
"It is not like you, Bilbo, to keep friends waiting on the mat, and then open your pants like a pop-gun!"// [In reply to] Can't Post

Weaver

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 30 2008, 5:31pm

Post #85 of 100 (131 views)
Shortcut
In a hole in the pants there lived a Hobbit. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the explanation entmaiden and Darkstone Cool

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 30 2008, 5:37pm

Post #86 of 100 (109 views)
Shortcut
"I've lost my dwarves, my wizard and my pants!" / [In reply to] Can't Post

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jan 30 2008, 5:39pm

Post #87 of 100 (114 views)
Shortcut
"Seems to know as much about the inside of my pants as I do myself!" thought Mr. Baggins. // [In reply to] Can't Post

My LiveJournal

My Costuming Site

The Screencap of the Day Schedule

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 30 2008, 5:43pm

Post #88 of 100 (140 views)
Shortcut
Not nasty, dirty, wet pants, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Elven
Valinor

Jan 30 2008, 6:03pm

Post #89 of 100 (141 views)
Shortcut
There are Light-Pants, and the Deep-Pants and the Sea-Pants - they differed from the High-Pants of the West // [In reply to] Can't Post

The Shire was never the same after
Barbra Cartland moved into Bagshot Row.

Tolkien was a Capricorn!
The Hobbit!!
Its a Happening Thing!!

Russell Crowe for Beorn

Sauruman: "Do know how the fan girls/boys first came into being? ... they were Tolkien scholars once ... Taken by the Dark Director, tempted to hold moots & dress up like Hobbits, Elves, Dwarves and Wizards ... A ruined & terrible form of life, not to mentions bad grades ... and now perfected at TORN ...
Whom do you serve!"

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 30 2008, 6:14pm

Post #90 of 100 (140 views)
Shortcut
"Praps we sits here and chats with it a bitsy, my preciousss. It like pants?" / [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jan 30 2008, 6:38pm

Post #91 of 100 (141 views)
Shortcut
And a 'pants' thread using LOTR movie lines: [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.geocities.com/...41/BGPantsAgain.html

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Elven
Valinor

Jan 30 2008, 6:43pm

Post #92 of 100 (125 views)
Shortcut
The return of Mr Bilbo Baggins created quite a disturbance, both Under Pants & Over the Pants // [In reply to] Can't Post

Tolkien was a Capricorn!
The Hobbit!!
Its a Happening Thing!!

Russell Crowe for Beorn

Sauruman: "Do know how the fan girls/boys first came into being? ... they were Tolkien scholars once ... Taken by the Dark Director, tempted to hold moots & dress up like Hobbits, Elves, Dwarves and Wizards ... A ruined & terrible form of life, not to mentions bad grades ... and now perfected at TORN ...
Whom do you serve!"

weaver
Half-elven

Jan 30 2008, 7:37pm

Post #93 of 100 (124 views)
Shortcut
"Bilbo sat on a stool at the fireside, nibbling at his pants, and trying to look as if this was all perfectly ordinary and not in the least an adventure."/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Weaver

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 30 2008, 8:32pm

Post #94 of 100 (117 views)
Shortcut
"I beg your pardon, I haven't asked for anything!" "Yes, you have! Twice now. My Pants!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 30 2008, 11:44pm

Post #95 of 100 (98 views)
Shortcut
"Bilbo dreamed that a crack in the seam at the back of the pants got bigger and bigger, and opened wider and wider!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample

Sunflower
Valinor

Jan 31 2008, 12:36am

Post #96 of 100 (95 views)
Shortcut
Ai! AI ! The pants are come....*runs off with hands over ears* [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 31 2008, 10:39am

Post #97 of 100 (104 views)
Shortcut
"Just when a wizard's pants would have been most useful, too." // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 31 2008, 12:20pm

Post #98 of 100 (103 views)
Shortcut
Here's pantsing a few chapter titles [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry for going singular, I couldn't resist.

Chapter 1: An Unexpected Pant
Chapter 3: A Short Pant
Chapter 7: Queer Pants
Chapter 10: A Warm Pant
Chapter 17: The Pants Burst

Elven
Valinor

Jan 31 2008, 12:22pm

Post #99 of 100 (82 views)
Shortcut
It had to be done :-D Earl - LOL!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Tolkien was a Capricorn!
The Hobbit!!
Its a Happening Thing!!

Russell Crowe for Beorn

Whom do you serve!"

(This post was edited by Elven on Jan 31 2008, 12:23pm)

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 31 2008, 12:22pm

Post #100 of 100 (121 views)
Shortcut
"I hope I never smell the smell of pants again!" said Fili. // [In reply to] Can't Post

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.