Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Oin

Yva
Rivendell

Jan 6, 10:34pm

Views: 53
Shortcut
Oin [In reply to] Can't Post

Obviously Balin and Fili are the names that first spring to mind but since you asked about the "lesser dwarves", I was thinking Oin, the way his character background was established so far, could be part of the "rebelling" camp.

The reason is simple - he's a healer, in the Weta books it says they even speculated, perhaps in a joking manner, that this could mean he would also fulfill the role of a midwife within the dwarven society. We saw him capable of showing respect to the elvish medicine, so when it comes to his job, he's certainly able to overcome the traditional prejudices when things become serious. As a healer, and depending on the exact role the healers play among the dwarves, he could consider it his responsibility to try to mitigate conflicts that could potentially lead to unnecessary bloodshed. I'd like to see something like that.

Subject User Time
How will the other dwarves react to Thorin breaking down? Danielos Send a private message to Danielos Jan 4, 3:20pm
    I see... Rowan Greene Send a private message to Rowan Greene Jan 4, 3:39pm
        Silent Bobmbur Wilfred Send a private message to Wilfred Jan 4, 3:48pm
            He is referred to Chancewind Send a private message to Chancewind Jan 4, 3:53pm
                Thanks... Wilfred Send a private message to Wilfred Jan 4, 4:25pm
            When Stephen Hunter was cast as Bombur Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Jan 4, 9:22pm
                I wouldn't be surprised if ... DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jan 4, 9:26pm
                    I think Bombur is their tribute to the silent films.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jan 4, 11:09pm
                        That barrel bounce. warhorse78 Send a private message to warhorse78 Jan 5, 10:29am
            bombur has spoken Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Jan 4, 11:08pm
        nice points... Bard'sBlackArrow Send a private message to Bard'sBlackArrow Jan 4, 11:12pm
    Dragon Sickness Wilfred Send a private message to Wilfred Jan 4, 3:43pm
        'Dragon sickness' dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jan 4, 3:51pm
            Dragon Sickness Wilfred Send a private message to Wilfred Jan 4, 4:23pm
            Never heard of it. callMEcrazy Send a private message to callMEcrazy Jan 6, 5:38am
                I did (TABA spoilers) Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Jan 6, 6:23am
                    Its a no brainer callMEcrazy Send a private message to callMEcrazy Jan 6, 6:07pm
                        Thorin arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Jan 6, 6:19pm
                        I believe the confusion stems Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Jan 6, 6:26pm
    Fili has noticed Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Jan 4, 11:06pm
    Maybe... Mad Baggins Send a private message to Mad Baggins Jan 4, 11:12pm
    Oin Yva Send a private message to Yva Jan 6, 10:34pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.