Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Goldberry

Cursive Dragon

Dec 27 2013, 6:45pm

Post #1 of 5 (333 views)
Shortcut
Goldberry Can't Post

I don't know about you, but Goldberry has always been a wonderful mystery to me. She's a river spirit of sorts and described as being "the tree leaves laughter" and "the change of the seasons." Since Goldberry and Tom never made it into The Lord of the Rings movies, I've been searching for a perfect Goldberry model of any medium. I know I'm new to the forum and I can't really create a contest, but if you'd like to share your own depiction of Lady Goldberry, I adore seeing it! I figured if anybody would want to talk about the mysteries of Goldberry and share their own Fan Art, this would be the place! Thanks a bunch! :)

Ireth
The Shire

Jan 3 2014, 1:44pm

Post #2 of 5 (248 views)
Shortcut
Reply: Goldberry [In reply to] Can't Post

Indeed Goldberry is a mystery. I don't have an illustration of her(yet) but I would imagine her as having golden hair and white skin, being very slim and tall.
I wonder who she is, like what race she is. She is definitely not an Elf, but she has more than human beauty. A river spirit, that means nymph. There's not much about her in LotR, but there is some more in The Adventures of Tom Bombadil. Have you read that?

And I'm new to the forums as well.

Cursive Dragon

Jan 19 2014, 3:20am

Post #3 of 5 (190 views)
Shortcut
Goldberry [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I agree, Goldberry is very nymph-like and I imagine her traits the same as you do. I have read more about her in The Adventures of Tom Bombadil and yet she still remains such a wonderful mystery to me! I saw a portrayal of Goldberry featured in a OneRing.net article, or rather it was a movie adaptation. It's not artwork, but I like the look of that Goldberry, have you seen it?

Ireth
The Shire

Jan 19 2014, 6:59am

Post #4 of 5 (186 views)
Shortcut
No, I haven't! [In reply to] Can't Post

Could you please give me a link if you still have it? :)

"Hope and memory shall live still in some hidden valley where the grass is green"

Cursive Dragon

Jan 19 2014, 9:04pm

Post #5 of 5 (219 views)
Shortcut
Goldberry [In reply to] Can't Post

Links don't work on the forum very well but the title of the video is called "In the Forest of Tom Bombadil", should be by the channel "Hannah Barlow". I hope this helps!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.