Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
There are a lot of folks who agree with you on this...

Salmacis81
Grey Havens

Dec 24 2013, 4:23am

Views: 79
Shortcut
There are a lot of folks who agree with you on this... [In reply to] Can't Post

At any rate, I may get skewered for this but I think if they had left Azog out and put Bolg in his place throughout the trilogy it would have provided continuity. Have we talked about this before?

I've never liked the idea of Azog surviving Azanulbizar; it's a major change from the text, and I've never felt that the reasons given by the writers for keeping him alive were very good reasons. The "Thorin's revenge" subplot was built up into a huge deal in AUJ, but for DoS the subplot was omitted from the narrative almost entirely. Don't get me wrong; I'm very glad they took the focus off of the Azog/Thorin subplot for DoS. But the fact that they only once referenced what was a pretty major secondary plot in the first film, and gave Azog's old role to Bolg, reinforces my belief that they should have just used Bolg all along for the Orc pursuit. I just fail to see why both Azog and Bolg were needed for these films. Maybe TaBA will make it clearer.

(This post was edited by Salmacis81 on Dec 24 2013, 4:37am)

Subject User Time
Azog vs Bolg in all factors TheImaginator Send a private message to TheImaginator Dec 23 2013, 12:40am
    I like them both. tsmith675 Send a private message to tsmith675 Dec 23 2013, 12:54am
    Azog Elskidor Send a private message to Elskidor Dec 23 2013, 1:19am
        Yeah... Fili Send a private message to Fili Dec 23 2013, 4:18am
            No, no, no... tsmith675 Send a private message to tsmith675 Dec 23 2013, 4:28am
    Clearly Azog but I think that was part of the point of Bolg... moreorless Send a private message to moreorless Dec 23 2013, 9:09am
    My autocorrect... bowencm Send a private message to bowencm Dec 23 2013, 2:45pm
        There are a lot of folks who agree with you on this... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Dec 24 2013, 4:23am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.