Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Nah...were just speculating

Rembrethil
Grey Havens

Dec 24 2013, 6:15am

Views: 68
Shortcut
Nah...were just speculating [In reply to] Can't Post

Until we see how it ends, I will defer final appraisal. So nothing to miss.

I was just left with quesrioms, when the open tombs were not explained. It certainly did create the situation you describe, and lend an air of mystery to the story. Too much mystery IMHO. I was left with too many questions, and thought that a movie firster might be too.

Looking forward, I was wondering how they will deal with Sauron being defeated twice. I'm wondering if LoTR won't just be seen as Sauron gets trounced: part 2--the rematch. Making Sauron the obvious antagonist does set up LoTR, but if the main enemy in the DG sub-plot had been the WK, in even a figure head capacity, I think that the movies would have been a bit more interesting.

Sauron, if dominant in TABA, might bore the Hobbit audience in AUJ. If he is the active head of evil in TH, he certainly loses a lot of mobility in LoTR. I think that if they had kept the Sauron reveal till TABA, there would have been more forward momentum into LoTR. We all know that Sauron has to survive, and he has this invincible status now. He HAS to live for LoTR. It takes a bit of mystery out of it. If the WK were the main antagonist, there would be a little doubt in our minds, or in the non-book readers' minds, that he could be defeated. If he were, then he could run back to Sauron, and that would be the bog reveal, catapulting us into LoTR where all the pieces and clause about the Ring comes together.

The DG sub-plot could have been an arc leading to the reveal of Sauron as its culmination. The nature of the Ring could then be the culmination of the LoTR arc.

Well we will see what TABA has in store. It could be better than my mind could imagine. This is just opinion and conjecture based on incomplete evidences.

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

Subject User Time
Where were the Nine during DOS? TheImaginator Send a private message to TheImaginator Dec 22 2013, 11:21pm
    I think the answer is 'wait and see'... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Dec 22 2013, 11:42pm
    At least some of them should still be in Dol Guldur sycorax82 Send a private message to sycorax82 Dec 23 2013, 1:01am
    I have the feeling they are following secretly someone carrying a particular ring. xxxyyy Send a private message to xxxyyy Dec 23 2013, 1:10am
        i like this theory MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Dec 23 2013, 1:40am
            But he did use it, didn't he? Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Dec 23 2013, 9:13am
                Yes, it is, and he did // dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Dec 23 2013, 12:04pm
                We don't know. We haven't seen THE MOVIE yet. xxxyyy Send a private message to xxxyyy Dec 23 2013, 2:22pm
    I really missed them.. Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Dec 23 2013, 3:52am
        The fact that... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Dec 23 2013, 3:55am
            I thought that the Necromancer.. Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Dec 23 2013, 4:08am
                maybe sauron sent them to mordor to get things ready for his return MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Dec 23 2013, 4:38am
                    By book lore... Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Dec 23 2013, 4:53am
                        good point, but MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Dec 23 2013, 6:28am
                            Yes Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Dec 23 2013, 3:47pm
                                I think the point was to DavidDevant Send a private message to DavidDevant Dec 23 2013, 4:20pm
                                    Nah...were just speculating Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Dec 24 2013, 6:15am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.