Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
Anyone in/near the Sacramento/Fair Oaks area?

Eowyn_the_brave

Dec 6 2013, 3:21am

Post #1 of 8 (5644 views)
Shortcut
Anyone in/near the Sacramento/Fair Oaks area? Can't Post

Like the other people, I don't have anyone to go with to see DOS (besides my grandmother). I also really want friends who like LOTR! :)

Garfeimao
Rohan

Dec 9 2013, 3:30am

Post #2 of 8 (5542 views)
Shortcut
Try starting a Line party [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Like the other people, I don't have anyone to go with to see DOS (besides my grandmother). I also really want friends who like LOTR! :)

If you put up a Line Party event, we can promote your event along with all the others, and hopefully it will help you find some new fan friends.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

Eowyn_the_brave

Dec 9 2013, 6:07am

Post #3 of 8 (5541 views)
Shortcut
Line Party [In reply to] Can't Post

I would but I honestly don't know how to do that. Plus, don't you have to interview people and have activities for them to do? If so, then I can't do that because I have absolutely no idea what to do and I'm very shy and awkward.

Garfeimao
Rohan

Dec 9 2013, 7:07am

Post #4 of 8 (5544 views)
Shortcut
You don't have to do activities if you don't want to [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I would but I honestly don't know how to do that. Plus, don't you have to interview people and have activities for them to do? If so, then I can't do that because I have absolutely no idea what to do and I'm very shy and awkward.

You can register a Line Party at the link below, and not everyone is doing anything other than meeting up with other people at the film line. But you did ask publicly if anyone else was going in your region, so even without activities, you were hoping to meet other fans, this is one way to make that happen.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/line-parties/

Of course, you could just go to the film and maybe talk to those around you, or not, just like any other time you go to a film. Most fans are just geeks who are sometimes shy and awkward, makes us all the same actually.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

Eowyn_the_brave

Dec 9 2013, 2:43pm

Post #5 of 8 (5544 views)
Shortcut
Line Party [In reply to] Can't Post

Hm...I guess I'll have to think about it. Probablly not though because last time, the fans weren't exactly that talkative.

demnation
Rohan

Dec 10 2013, 7:21am

Post #6 of 8 (5524 views)
Shortcut
I only live about an hour away [In reply to] Can't Post

But opening night is an impossibility for me. Frown But have fun anyway and I hope you find others to join you! Smile

Hello!

miko
Rivendell

Dec 10 2013, 8:42am

Post #7 of 8 (5553 views)
Shortcut
Midnight? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm going to a 2d midnight showing. I think you can private message me through the board.

I also plan to see it in 3d, just not the first time.

Eowyn_the_brave

Dec 11 2013, 5:22am

Post #8 of 8 (5538 views)
Shortcut
Midnight showing [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks guys!! I'm seeing the 2D version and I'm going with my friend and her friend (I really don't want to though). It's because my friend can only see PG movies (she's in high school) and her friend is an 8th grader. God, I wish I knew more people who were going. I'm going to see it at Century Folsom 14.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.