Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Spoiler Management

Wilfred
Bree

Dec 29 2013, 5:08pm

Views: 47
Shortcut
Spoiler Management [In reply to] Can't Post

This is my first post and this is most certainly not the best kind of discussion for me to get embroiled in so early but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the volume of discussion on this site and this particular issue is something I think is important.

I'm a Tolkien fan so I've read the books and I know what's what (notwithstanding Peter Jackson's frequent deviations from 'canon', which may well result in changes to the exact timing and circumstances of the death of certain characters); I'm also a spoiler whore so it doesn't bother me who says what about the third film. I do, however, appreciate that some (most?) people who pay twelve or fifteen quid for a cinema ticket want to experience the films the way the director intended them to, surprises and twists intact, but, as fans, also want to be involved in discussions about them. I also appreciate that it's pretty difficult to censure discussion about a book that was published three quarters of a century ago.

Of those contrasting opinions, I think it's surely the best policy to at least try to protect the experience of these films, for which most members here would profess affection, for those who don't know how things turn out in the end. That's just basic decency, isn't it? 'There and Back Again' is the last chance some people will get to see anything like this for the first time. IMHO, that opportunity shouldn't be spoiled for them.

Subject User Time
Recommendation: avoid the Hobbit forum if you don't want spoilers! Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Dec 2 2013, 5:19am
    That is quite sensible advice! Hamfast Gamgee Send a private message to Hamfast Gamgee Dec 2 2013, 10:25am
        LotR has been out in full for a decade arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Dec 2 2013, 1:24pm
        I think where I am dismayed about being spoiled... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Dec 2 2013, 3:02pm
            Good thoughts, Magpie Old Toby Send a private message to Old Toby Dec 2 2013, 3:25pm
    You're just trying to drive us away! Voronwë_the_Faithful Send a private message to Voronwë_the_Faithful Dec 2 2013, 2:34pm
    annoyed book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Dec 2 2013, 2:45pm
    will leave today (probably).....but endless thanks to TORn + members Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Dec 2 2013, 4:09pm
        Hope you'll be back once you've seen it! // dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Dec 2 2013, 4:11pm
            Thank you - I shall! Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Dec 2 2013, 4:36pm
        I hope I can be as strong willed as you will (probably) be! Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Dec 2 2013, 4:36pm
            I don't know Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Dec 2 2013, 4:48pm
                Indeed… Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Dec 2 2013, 4:53pm
                    Whoops Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Dec 2 2013, 5:05pm
                        or... arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Dec 2 2013, 5:08pm
                            oh no...... Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Dec 2 2013, 5:27pm
                I will try too, but.... macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Dec 2 2013, 7:15pm
    I feel withdrawal symptoms setting in already :( Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Dec 2 2013, 4:54pm
        A little bit! NecromancerRising Send a private message to NecromancerRising Dec 2 2013, 5:01pm
            Glad I'm not the only one Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Dec 2 2013, 5:14pm
                suddenly I feel normal again Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Dec 2 2013, 9:36pm
    NDA dave_lf Send a private message to dave_lf Dec 2 2013, 5:08pm
    If there is indeed an embargo until the 8th then... hutch Send a private message to hutch Dec 3 2013, 4:26am
    Altaira, does this warning still hold ? sphdle1 Send a private message to sphdle1 Dec 29 2013, 4:29pm
        Spoiler Management Wilfred Send a private message to Wilfred Dec 29 2013, 5:08pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.