Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Americans only get "moral" about nudity, stupid as the notion is, naked bodies being

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Nov 30 2013, 11:14pm

Views: 80
Shortcut
Americans only get "moral" about nudity, stupid as the notion is, naked bodies being [In reply to] Can't Post

ubiquitous and universal. However, it is what it is. Primetime tv shows depict HORRIBLE violence every friday night. Kids won't get the drug jokes anyway, for the most part. I would bet a fair penny that, while certainly some parents will say "no, too scary, too violent," a great many will not, or will simply opt to cover eyes where appropriate.

I saw plenty of kids in the theatres for An Unexpected, and with the dragon and the kids who actually are now fans of the franchise after having seen and loved the first movie, there will be plenty of kids there this time as well, probably more, for it is apt to include kids who saw film one first on cable or DVD.

The hedgehogs, the bunny sled, the trolls (appropriately so), some of the antics of The Great Goblin (also mostly appropriate I think) etc. were very much directed at the original target audience of the stand alone Hobbit novel: children of all ages (including over 16 - 21 and over lol).

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

(This post was edited by AinurOlorin on Nov 30 2013, 11:20pm)

Subject User Time
North America: Could the success of Catching Fire & Frozen hurt DOS? Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Nov 30 2013, 7:08am
    Will see them all Wordofmask Send a private message to Wordofmask Nov 30 2013, 7:28am
        Press embargo? Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Nov 30 2013, 2:01pm
    Or does Catching Fire show an appetite for sequels? Eledhwen Send a private message to Eledhwen Nov 30 2013, 7:53am
    Not a chance Annatar598 Send a private message to Annatar598 Nov 30 2013, 8:05am
        When it comes to holding candles... Eldorion Send a private message to Eldorion Nov 30 2013, 9:29pm
    Hits like this often help forthcoming films Rohirrim Rider Send a private message to Rohirrim Rider Nov 30 2013, 10:06am
        Yes Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Nov 30 2013, 11:26am
            We haven't had an empty market though Rohirrim Rider Send a private message to Rohirrim Rider Nov 30 2013, 2:27pm
    I can't see why it would dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 30 2013, 10:06am
    I guess Catching Fire... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Nov 30 2013, 11:57am
        That's for sure (in North America) Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Nov 30 2013, 12:18pm
            Yes, but that is what I mean. Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Nov 30 2013, 12:24pm
    Pro and Con for DoS Box Office Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Nov 30 2013, 12:39pm
    Doubt it, thanks to the gap. They have a whole another two weeks, just about AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 30 2013, 9:13pm
    I don't think Catching Fire is going to hurt DOS Eldorion Send a private message to Eldorion Nov 30 2013, 9:32pm
        It would be more than 3d screens. I think Radagast , the Unexpected Party, the Trolls AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 30 2013, 10:09pm
            That's certainly possible... Eldorion Send a private message to Eldorion Nov 30 2013, 11:10pm
                Americans only get "moral" about nudity, stupid as the notion is, naked bodies being AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 30 2013, 11:14pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.