Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Ah, don't I know it Werde Spinner. Blue flames indeed, and OH, if only the movie had matched the set there. lol However, I

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Nov 30 2013, 5:29am

Views: 92
Shortcut
Ah, don't I know it Werde Spinner. Blue flames indeed, and OH, if only the movie had matched the set there. lol However, I [In reply to] Can't Post

have found that with the Hobbit sets, as with Rings, Lego gets it mostly right, and pretty spot on to what happens on screen. They are more apt to leave characters or events out, than add them in. "The Stones of seeing do not lie, and not even the lord of Baradur can make them do so,". The appropriately added coloured flames to that scene (and, for all we know, they may have gotten an earlier description in which the flames WERE coloured)m otherwise however, with the exception of Azog having been the earlier Yazneg version, eveything is fairly spot on. Huge White warg, before we had seen any footage of Daisy the White Alpha Warg female, standing on a huge rock with the lead orc on her back. They also nailed the Legoas and Tauriel aiding in the Spider Battle, a full year ago. So when they depict A Gandalf and Radagast fighting together in Dol Guldur for example, I am both hopeful and inclined to believe that it happens.

In Reply To
I've seen the *SPOILERS* tag so much lately I really didn't want to add it to the title, but if any of the lovely moderators think it needs it, feel free to add it! Smile There shouldn't be anything too spoiler-y here, though.
So, has anyone else seen the trailer for the new LEGO Laketown set? The TV was on at my relatives' house yesterday and I saw the trailer at least four times (yes, and I rushed into the room to watch it every time Angelic). Of course, this is LEGO, which can take liberties with what is included in the sets - liberties that do not always even reflect the movie. (Some of the Marvel sets come to mind.) However, my observation has been that whoever does the LEGO sets are fairly knowledgeable about Tolkien (they included blue flames for Gandalf in the warg-attack-oh-no-let's-climb-the-trees set, so how about that, AinurOlorin? Wink). So, with that in mind, I'm just going to throw it out there that the LEGO trailer for Laketown included shots of Bilbo apparently imprisoned (?!), and what looked like the boat belonging to the Master of Laketown sailing by. It ended with Bilbo escaping and knocking the Master into the water, along with a couple of his guards.
I know it's just a tiny scene of animated LEGO minifigures and probably has *no* bearing upon the movie whatsoever, but I thought it was kind of funny. Laugh What do you think? To me, Bilbo being imprisoned or at least behind bars and in need of rescue sounds utterly ridiculous. What could possibly have led up to that? However, some evil overlady part of me (cue evil laugh *ahahahaha*) would like to see the Master get knocked in the water.
So, sorry for the long post. Evil What shenanigans do *you* think will occur in Laketown?

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Subject User Time
LEGO Trailer Speculation Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Nov 30 2013, 12:03am
    I think... Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Nov 30 2013, 12:23am
    Ah, don't I know it Werde Spinner. Blue flames indeed, and OH, if only the movie had matched the set there. lol However, I AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Nov 30 2013, 5:29am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.