Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
If the film is true to the book, you won't see it happen.

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Dec 1 2013, 11:21pm

Views: 71
Shortcut
If the film is true to the book, you won't see it happen. [In reply to] Can't Post

Not that I expect the filmmakers to be faithful, but in the book, the fatalities that concern you are tossed off as an afterward in just one sentence. An impressively brutal move on Tolkien's part. I don't think Jackson & Co. have the guts for that.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Discuss Tolkien's life and works in the Reading Room!
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
How to find old Reading Room discussions.

Subject User Time
Was Thorin's efforts really in vain? *story spoilers* Kilidoescartwheels Send a private message to Kilidoescartwheels Nov 27 2013, 5:03pm
    Should be spoilers in title emre43 Send a private message to emre43 Nov 27 2013, 5:11pm
    Fili and Kili *spoilers* Danielos Send a private message to Danielos Nov 27 2013, 5:13pm
        Agreed emre43 Send a private message to emre43 Nov 27 2013, 5:20pm
    I think Thorin did accomplish what he set out to do Old Toby Send a private message to Old Toby Nov 27 2013, 5:18pm
        Differences between book and film Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Nov 27 2013, 8:54pm
            Okay I think I was mixing apples and oranges here Old Toby Send a private message to Old Toby Nov 27 2013, 10:32pm
        *Clarification... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Nov 27 2013, 9:37pm
    Interesting point... Lost Hobbit Send a private message to Lost Hobbit Nov 27 2013, 5:22pm
    [Book spoiler warning, just in case] Two reasons Na Vedui Send a private message to Na Vedui Nov 27 2013, 6:22pm
    You make a good point that it wasn't a total failure.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 27 2013, 7:29pm
    I've added a spoiler warning Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Nov 27 2013, 8:27pm
    Yes. authors who go killing off popular characters are a pain - ShireHorse Send a private message to ShireHorse Nov 27 2013, 8:41pm
        Yes... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Nov 27 2013, 9:08pm
        Interesting. Dwarvenfury Send a private message to Dwarvenfury Nov 27 2013, 9:37pm
            I do agree... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Nov 27 2013, 9:42pm
                oh yes. Dwarvenfury Send a private message to Dwarvenfury Nov 27 2013, 9:50pm
            I agree Lightfoot Send a private message to Lightfoot Nov 28 2013, 12:43am
                I rather agree with you, actually. Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Nov 29 2013, 11:22pm
                    It is nice to know Lightfoot Send a private message to Lightfoot Dec 1 2013, 8:38pm
        About Kili & Fili Kilidoescartwheels Send a private message to Kilidoescartwheels Nov 27 2013, 11:48pm
    I agree on many points in this thread *spoilers* grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 30 2013, 1:02pm
        Most Excellent Thread... Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Nov 30 2013, 2:48pm
        I think this is why Tolkien includes stuff like this Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Nov 30 2013, 4:21pm
            *mods up* Well said, grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Dec 1 2013, 3:28pm
            Thanks Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Dec 1 2013, 6:46pm
    If the film is true to the book, you won't see it happen. N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Dec 1 2013, 11:21pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.