Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Quite agree with you Glorfindela

kiwifan
Lorien

Nov 28 2013, 10:09pm

Views: 33
Shortcut
Quite agree with you Glorfindela [In reply to] Can't Post

The extras are great! Especially enjoyed seeing those of the actors again in interviews that I had already met at HobbitCon over the Easter weekend which had been simply wonderful (by the way, there will be a second HobbitCon at Easter 2014 for those who don't know it yet Smile).

The movie is partly improved by the two Hobbiton scenes --- the first one, inserted into the prologue, being still too short for me! --- , by the extended White Council scene, and by the scenes with Bilbo in Rivendell and by the (too short) scene in Rivendell between Gandalf and Elrond about insanity in Thror's family. What I could have done without is the Dwarves misbehaving in Rivendell, just too silly and only for kids and those who enjoy puerile humour, and the truly awful extra Goblin King stuff. Will watch the EE in future though as there is simply more of Middle-earth in it of which I never get enough. I did laugh at poor Kili's expense though... Wish there had been more of Fili but as Dean O'Gorman came to be in the cast so late he is conspicuously absent in Rivendell, alas.

All in all, I wish there had been more new scenes/extended scenes! The audiocommentary with PJ and Philippa Boyens is interesting but about a certain aspect of it I do have a bone to pick with them if I ever get around to writing to them.

Subject User Time
Extended Edition questions (where to buy and would you buy it?) NottaSackville Send a private message to NottaSackville Nov 26 2013, 3:30am
    Hmm, it seems most places are out of the 5 DVD edition... Earl Send a private message to Earl Nov 26 2013, 4:00am
        Oooh, thanks, Earl! NottaSackville Send a private message to NottaSackville Nov 26 2013, 1:17pm
            But would it play on a dvd player in the US? kiwifan Send a private message to kiwifan Nov 28 2013, 9:45pm
    The bonus features alone super_jj Send a private message to super_jj Nov 26 2013, 4:05am
    Not worth the full price! Ranger Send a private message to Ranger Nov 26 2013, 5:26am
    I like the appendices even more than the movies! tripecac Send a private message to tripecac Nov 26 2013, 6:08am
    1) no 2) YES! smaug the stupendous Send a private message to smaug the stupendous Nov 26 2013, 6:59am
        The extended scenes? No. Anduinel Send a private message to Anduinel Nov 26 2013, 7:15am
    Yes I would, and did, and am currently enjoying it... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 26 2013, 9:06am
    Hm... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Nov 26 2013, 9:34am
        I second what Arannir says... The Grey Wanderer Send a private message to The Grey Wanderer Nov 27 2013, 1:01am
    It is absolutely worth it for the Appendices alone Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Nov 26 2013, 1:19pm
        Quite agree with you Glorfindela kiwifan Send a private message to kiwifan Nov 28 2013, 10:09pm
    Thanks everyone so far - also Amazon Prime has movie only for $9.99 NottaSackville Send a private message to NottaSackville Nov 26 2013, 1:22pm
        There's a reason why it's a disappointment... Kendalf Send a private message to Kendalf Nov 26 2013, 5:57pm
            Interesting and very valid-sounding point. // NottaSackville Send a private message to NottaSackville Nov 26 2013, 7:57pm
    I'm not sure fingolfin_nc Send a private message to fingolfin_nc Nov 26 2013, 5:59pm
    Kind of a toss-up, really. sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Nov 27 2013, 3:22pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.