Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
One week until the premiere--the final stretch for PJ & Co.

cats16
Tol Eressea

Nov 25 2013, 7:51pm

Post #1 of 21 (1244 views)
Shortcut
One week until the premiere--the final stretch for PJ & Co. Can't Post

I'm sure that there are many tired artists in NZ now, working their butts off around the clock to put the finishing touches on DOS before the LA premiere. Since they have one week to go, I thought a final 'pat on the back'/good luck thread wouldn't hurt.

Best of luck to PJ, everyone at WETA Digital/Workshop, and all others working on the premiere staff who will make this event come to life next week. There, the final cut of the film will be shown, and all of that hard work will come to fruition in front of an audience. PJ has been very excited for DOS, and I can't wait to see what he's prepared for us.

I can't wait to see all of the actors again (and they all seem very eager to see each other, too!) in LA. They're a fantastic group. It has to feel strange to wait over two years to see some of your work appear on the screen. The pay-off must be immense.

It didn't hit me until now that they've only got a week left. *Hopefully* they aren't as down to the wire as last year (running a USB with final edits to the theater). I suppose that, because they're in LA this year, the deadline is much more firm (Which makes me realize--they only have six days left, since it's Tuesday in NZ now; plus, everyone has to fly to LA). Crazy

Regardless, best of luck to everyone involved with the production in the last few days of post-production for DOS!Smile

(This post was edited by cats16 on Nov 25 2013, 8:00pm)

Thranderz
Rohan

Nov 25 2013, 8:01pm

Post #2 of 21 (552 views)
Shortcut
Indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good luck PJ and Co. with the film! It's looking to be the best film of the 2010's so far! Wink Really looking forward to seeing it....

I simply walked into Mordor.

Elessar
Valinor

Nov 25 2013, 8:09pm

Post #3 of 21 (549 views)
Shortcut
Waiting with anticipation [In reply to] Can't Post

of going into the theater to see film two. Its been a long and short year since film one. I will say I'm already dreading next year to be honest and the last time we get a first run Middle-earth based film.

There&ThereAgain
Rohan

Nov 25 2013, 8:29pm

Post #4 of 21 (507 views)
Shortcut
hear hear! [In reply to] Can't Post

VFX never gets enough props. They are the real miracle workers of Jurassic Park... wrong movie. Laugh

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair; and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."-J.R.R. Tolkien

"Thanks for the money!" -George Lucas

DanielLB
Immortal

Nov 25 2013, 9:11pm

Post #5 of 21 (483 views)
Shortcut
Is it really only a week away? [In reply to] Can't Post

Doesn't time fly when you're having fun?! Cool

Regardless, best of luck to everyone involved with the production in the last few days of post-production for DOS!

^This. Thank you to everyone involved. And I hope they all have a nice break afterwards. I can't wait to see the film.

Ffnir
Rohan

Nov 25 2013, 9:11pm

Post #6 of 21 (442 views)
Shortcut
Well said ! Good luck to one of the most incredible crew of artists in the world !// [In reply to] Can't Post

cats16
Tol Eressea

Nov 25 2013, 9:35pm

Post #7 of 21 (425 views)
Shortcut
It's funny... [In reply to] Can't Post

I couldn't get myself to make this thread, initially, because I couldn't believe that it's only a week away. I had to check my calendar several times to make sure. Cool

acigos00
The Shire

Nov 25 2013, 9:48pm

Post #8 of 21 (388 views)
Shortcut
!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I want a new production blog!!!!!... nah, just kidding... I want 2 new blogs!!! ^^

Bernhardina
Rohan

Nov 25 2013, 10:52pm

Post #9 of 21 (317 views)
Shortcut
Good luck to everyone involved! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't imagine being unhappy with DoS! This team never disappoint me Smile AUJ was fantastic and I can't wait to continue the journey!

Boromir: One does not simply walk into Mordor...

Gandalf: FLY, YOU FOOLS!

Glorfindela
Valinor

Nov 25 2013, 11:21pm

Post #10 of 21 (302 views)
Shortcut
Seconded or thirded, etc., Cats16! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good luck to everyone who has been involved in this fantastic production and thank you for what you have already achieved. Smile

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Nov 25 2013, 11:38pm

Post #11 of 21 (278 views)
Shortcut
Just keep swimming, gals and guys! Cheers!// [In reply to] Can't Post

dormouse
Half-elven

Nov 25 2013, 11:41pm

Post #12 of 21 (280 views)
Shortcut
Fourthed, or fifthed, or however many times it is.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Good luck to all those involved, energy to keep them going over the final stretch - and thanks to them too, for all the pleasure they give.

flameofudun
Lorien

Nov 26 2013, 12:36am

Post #13 of 21 (242 views)
Shortcut
7thed I believe. [In reply to] Can't Post

Good luck and thanks for another slice of glorious middle earth for us to enjoy!

''We are very dangerous over short distances''

-Gimli

Kim
Valinor

Nov 26 2013, 1:49am

Post #14 of 21 (221 views)
Shortcut
A great big thank you to everyone involved! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't imagine how crazy things must be right now, so definitely want to share my appreciation of all the hard work and effort that has gone into these movies!

Really hope we get to watch the world premiere on a live stream again - that was so fun last year, and really kicked the anticipation into high gear!

And thank you cats for starting this thread!

Sly

Dame Ioreth
Grey Havens

Nov 26 2013, 2:07am

Post #15 of 21 (227 views)
Shortcut
I"m ready to be taken on another adventure, Sir Peter! [In reply to] Can't Post

Where are we going this time?

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Brethil
Half-elven

Nov 26 2013, 2:11am

Post #16 of 21 (221 views)
Shortcut
It's the deep breath before the plunge... [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder if they say that before each film!

I have to add my appreciation in here too, to all involved AngelicHeart

The second TORn Amateur Symposium is running right now, in the Reading Room. Come have a look and maybe stay to chat!

burgahobbit
Rohan

Nov 26 2013, 3:16am

Post #17 of 21 (219 views)
Shortcut
Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

Must be really stressful, yet exciting at this time for all involved. They can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Since there are no pick ups for TABA, I guess next year will be a breeze. Editing, and finishing, that's all! That must feel really good. Keep up the good work PJ.

cats16
Tol Eressea

Nov 26 2013, 4:26am

Post #18 of 21 (193 views)
Shortcut
I forgot about the live stream... [In reply to] Can't Post

I watched it last year, but the thought didn't occur to me to watch it next week. Crazy I'm glad you mentioned that.

Waaaay OT here: I've never seen this --->Pirate<-----used here (maybe I haven't been observant). Where was this back on Talk Like a Pirate Day?! Wink

(This post was edited by cats16 on Nov 26 2013, 4:27am)

Kim
Valinor

Nov 26 2013, 5:40am

Post #19 of 21 (161 views)
Shortcut
Pretty sure it's been here awhile [In reply to] Can't Post

at least since I registered, and it looks like it was used at least once on Talk Like a Pirate Day: http://newboards.theonering.net/..._latest_reply;so=ASC;

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for live stream info, last year it was on Peter's facebook page and here on TORn, so I'm sure we'll spot it.

Kim
Valinor

Nov 26 2013, 7:54pm

Post #20 of 21 (77 views)
Shortcut
Live Stream details posted to TORn FB [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnet

Monday 6:30pm PST

I'm sure there will be an article on the home page soon.

Cool

cats16
Tol Eressea

Nov 26 2013, 7:59pm

Post #21 of 21 (77 views)
Shortcut
Awesome. Thanks, Kim. [In reply to] Can't Post

Great to see that as I hop online for a minute. Tongue

Looks like it will be a lot of fun! Lots of cast members confirmed to be there.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.