The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Eärendil the Mariner versus The Silver Surfer

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 22 2013, 8:02pm

Post #1 of 6 (934 views)
Shortcut
Eärendil the Mariner versus The Silver Surfer Can't Post

Eärendil has Vingilótë, The Silver Surfer has his board.

Who wins?

“Indeed if fish had fish-lore and Wise-fish it is probable that the business of anglers would be very little hindered.”
-JRR Tolkien

Lissuin
Valinor

Nov 25 2013, 4:50am

Post #2 of 6 (810 views)
Shortcut
This was a toughie, and most dispiriting. [In reply to] Can't Post

In vain have I searched for a like token throughout the Interweb, but the hero who has a keyring made in his image must have been the winner. Oh! Prove me wrong!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Nov 25 2013, 9:23pm

Post #3 of 6 (799 views)
Shortcut
No contest -- the Silver Surfer [In reply to] Can't Post

The Surfer possesses the Power Cosmic. You might as well pit Christopher Columbus against Superman.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Elskidor
Rohan

Nov 27 2013, 12:12am

Post #4 of 6 (776 views)
Shortcut
Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

For once the bias of the forum is not rooting for the Tolkien character. I was to the point of thinking it hopeless to hold a VS with any Tolkien character here, even if the chances of the character winning was laughable.

KasDel
Rivendell

Nov 27 2013, 4:54am

Post #5 of 6 (767 views)
Shortcut
Well.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Keep in mind that (at least in the movie) The Silver Surfer was prey for Dr. Doom who took his board. If not for the help of the Fantastic Four he might not have retrieved it! I think Eärendil could have at least held his own!

KasDel the Last

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." Gildor

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Nov 28 2013, 1:14am

Post #6 of 6 (895 views)
Shortcut
Ship to surfboard combat is a bit hazy in my imagination. [In reply to] Can't Post

I do not even get a clear picture of how Earendil took Ancaglon down. How would that work?

I think it is a bit of uncertainty that holds us(me) back.

Agree? Disagree?

Call me Rem. Rembrethil is a lot to type!!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.