Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
TIME - November 26

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 26 2013, 10:14am

Views: 40
Shortcut
TIME - November 26 [In reply to] Can't Post

Today in Middle-earth.

November 26, 2941 (S.R. 1341)
1. The treasure is divided.
(determined from text)
..."There was, of course, no longer any question of dividing the hoard in such shares as had been planned, to Balin and Dwalin, and Dori and Nori and Ori, and Oin and Gloin, and Bifur and Bofur and Bombur—or to Bilbo. Yet a fourteenth share of all the silver and gold, wrought and unwrought, was given up to Bard... ...Dain said: "We will honour the agreement of the dead, and he has now the Arkenstone in his keeping."
...Even a fourteenth share was wealth exceedingly... ...greater than that of many mortal kings. From that treasure Bard sent much gold to the Master of Lake-town; and he rewarded his followers and friends freely. To the Elvenking he gave the emeralds of Girion, such jewels as he most loved, which Dain had restored to him.
...To Bilbo he said: "This treasure is as much yours as it is mine; though old agreements cannot stand, since so many have a claim in its winning and defence. Yet even though you were willing to lay aside all your claim, I should wish that the words of Thorin, of which he repented, should not prove true: that we should give you little. I would reward you most richly of all."
..."Very kind of you... ...But really it is a relief to me. How on earth should I have got all that treasure home without war and murder all along the way... ... And I don't know what I should have done with it when I got home. I am sure it is better in your hands."
...In the end he would only take two small chests, one filled with silver, and the other with gold, such as one strong pony could carry. "That will be quite as much as I can manage," said he."

November 26, 3019 (S.R. 1419)
1. The Shire is reborn.
(not from the appendices-no text)
...Sam stood back and looked at the wall of bricks he and the others had just finished. This is the fifth hole they've restored in a few short weeks. The group smiled as they exchange glances and gather their tools. "And now to the Dragon to be sure their stock is in order," he chuckled to the others. "I'll fetch Mr. Frodo and we'll join you there."

5th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013
1st draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Nov 26 2013, 10:16am)

Subject User Time
TIME - November 22 grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 22 2013, 10:08am
    Oooh.... Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Nov 22 2013, 4:07pm
        *goosebumps* Oh yeah! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 23 2013, 2:11pm
    TIME - November 23 grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 23 2013, 1:24pm
        TIME - November 24 grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 24 2013, 12:35pm
            TIME - November 25 grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 25 2013, 10:14am
                TIME - November 26 grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Nov 26 2013, 10:14am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.