Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
DoS dream...

Pazeer
Rivendell

Nov 19 2013, 3:01pm

Post #1 of 18 (557 views)
Shortcut
DoS dream... Can't Post

I think I might be a bit nervous about the new movie, I literally had like my third or fourth dream about it in the last month...

The dream involved Beorn actually being a God next to Zeus, Hercules and those guys, and him saving Bilbo from Azog and bringing him up to Zeus kingdom...

Then, it turned out that PJ had decided to film the entire woodland realm section, from the spiders and till the barrels, completely in LEGO!

The dream continued with the dwarfes going down the river, which turned in to a waterslide, with the Pirates of the Caribbean music playing, and then suddenly Jack Sparrow was one of them...

It ended with Bilbo, Thorin, Fili, Kili, Jack Sparrow and Elisabeth Swan in a boat in the ocean.

Such a crazy dream, and hopefully the movie won`t turn out this way Wink

Elskidor
Rohan

Nov 19 2013, 3:12pm

Post #2 of 18 (249 views)
Shortcut
It can turn out that way through fan edits! [In reply to] Can't Post

Eruonen
Tol Eressea

Nov 19 2013, 3:27pm

Post #3 of 18 (224 views)
Shortcut
What a dream! I don't often have such fantastical dreams. [In reply to] Can't Post

Avandel
Valinor

Nov 19 2013, 3:28pm

Post #4 of 18 (226 views)
Shortcut
Sounds awesome, actually.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Where's the Peckish Owl? This would make a great crossover.

*Thorin + Jack Sparrow - now that's a meeting I'd PAY to see....*

tsmith675
Gondor

Nov 19 2013, 3:30pm

Post #5 of 18 (226 views)
Shortcut
Lol! I've had a few of dreams of DoS too! [In reply to] Can't Post

But mainly just of me going to the movie. My dream last night was that I went to the premiere, and fell asleep! I missed the entire movie! Lol. And I had the exact same dream this time last year before AUJ. I think it's safe to say I'm excited Smile

"Seriously, why was the scene with CGI dwarf ass NOT in the theatrical cut?!"

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Nov 19 2013, 6:20pm

Post #6 of 18 (157 views)
Shortcut
I've had a few of those myself over the past few months! One in particular I can't forget [In reply to] Can't Post

Nothing quite that crazy though! Wink Most of the Hobbit themed dreams I've had involved normal everyday locations, but the Hobbit characters were there plus characters from other things.

The best Hobbit/LotR dream I've had was actually really vivid and beautiful and fun. It was a bit of a Narnia/LotR crossover, but all the characters were from LotR. It was mostly elves, but Gandalf was there too.

The dream started on what almost felt like the end of some longer adventure. I was standing on the dock of this beautiful harbor that sort of resembled a larger version the Grey Havens from RotK, and a bright, colorful sunset was reflecting on the water. Gandalf was next to me and we were waiting together for something to happen. At that point a huge, beautiful Narnian ship with no one on board appeared alongside another equally huge and beautiful, yet still empty elven ship and a large group of elves that looked like they were from Mirkwood arrived on the docks. However, none of them were leaving on the ships, in fact they were there because Gandalf had asked them to come help him find something on these two ships that had showed up.
Turns out both the ships were magical and had an ancient treasure locked away inside of them, but the only way to unlock them was to search each ship for half of a magical "key" that, when put together would allow the secret compartment to open up. However, we had to find the key before nightfall or the ships would disappear forever! Everyone, myself included, boarded the two ships and started searching everywhere. Both ships had intricate carvings all over them, on the decks, on the walls, and designs on the sails with the one having more Narnian themes, and the other having more elven themes.
As we all searched, we started to realized that there was nothing on either ship that resembled your typical key and the sunset was beginning to fade, but I had noticed when I was on the Narnian ship that right in the center of the deck there was carved a large circle design. It consisted of a large outer ring that encompassed a circle with the hollow shape of the profile of a lion in the center of it. I spoke to Gandalf about it and he realized that the lion shape WAS the key. Knowing this, the elves were able to find the halves of the carven lion shape on either ship and allowed me to put the halves together in the hollow space in the center of the Narnian ships, just in time before the sun sank below the horizon and night came. As soon as I did, the lion began to glow a bright blue and the glow flowed like water to the outer ring of the circle design and then to all of the other carvings and designs on the deck, walls and sails. Even more quickly now, the blue glow jumped like a stream of fire to the elven ship and its carvings and sails glowed in the same way. Sparkling with blue light, the two ships rose together out of the waters of the now dark harbor and a hidden compartment in the side of the elven ship opened to reveal golden treasure inside that soon spilled out onto the dock. That's when I woke up.

Pretty awesome dream huh?Cool I was happy all day long after that one. I've written it down so I won't forget it and at some point I may try to develop it more into a real story. Not necessarily fanfic, but we'll see what happens.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Nov 19 2013, 6:24pm

Post #7 of 18 (142 views)
Shortcut
I had one like that too... [In reply to] Can't Post

In mine, I was trying to get into the theater, but there were so many people I kept getting lost. Then when I finally got a seat, they just played previews for a good 30 minutes and then came up and said they were having technical difficulties and couldn't show the movie!Frown If I get anymore excited about this thing, my head is going to pop off!Tongue

Pazeer
Rivendell

Nov 19 2013, 6:27pm

Post #8 of 18 (142 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

That was some dream! And I agree, that might become a really good story! Wink

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Nov 19 2013, 6:33pm

Post #9 of 18 (137 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

It may be number 1 on my list of best dreams ever! Now I just have to figure out what happens before and after all of that...Wish me luck!Smile

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Nov 19 2013, 7:41pm

Post #10 of 18 (129 views)
Shortcut
That is priceless! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think you should film that version--I'd like to see how they handle DaveyAzog! And what happens when the Lego spiders start flying apart when Bilbo whacks at them.Cool

Luckily, I don't think we have to worry about Jack Sparrow showing up in any form. Maybe in the next remake of LOTR "Corsairs, corsairs, me hearties!"

Evil

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Nov 20 2013, 1:30am

Post #11 of 18 (98 views)
Shortcut
That actually sounds better than the movie [In reply to] Can't Post

The is to say, if the movie ends up being as bad as I'm afraid it will, your dream actually makes it interesting.
That was a really interesting dream you told about, it sounded fun actually. I've had some DoS related dreams lately myself, but they're not as pleasant as yours. In fact, they are downright macabre.

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Nov 20 2013, 3:02am

Post #12 of 18 (107 views)
Shortcut
You need a dream-cam! That's the best thing [In reply to] Can't Post

I ever heard, dream-wise anyway. I'll read that story any time, if you do write it. And see the movie. I can almost hear a soundtrack in the back of my head somewhere . . .SmileSmileSmile

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 20 2013, 10:50am

Post #13 of 18 (81 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Whatever it was that you ate before you went to bed, DO IT AGAIN!!! :D

5th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013
1st draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Nov 20 2013, 4:49pm

Post #14 of 18 (88 views)
Shortcut
My most memorable dream [In reply to] Can't Post

also involved LEGOs. Sauron's castle (not Barad-dur or Dol Guldur, just a generic fantasy castle with spiky turrets) was made entirely out of LEGOs. However, it was also life-size, so I don't know how many millions and millions of gray, brown, and black bricks that would have taken. Crazy But it also had automatic sliding doors and big glass windows like a public building, so I decided to go look through them. Inside his castle the floors were checkered tile, the walls were concrete blocks painted over, and the lights were all industrial-type - it looked like a modern day school cafeteria. There were even a snack machine and a Coke machine. Also, piles of trash and dirty laundry lay about. Sauron, who looked like Benedict Cumberbatch (no, seriously) was running around trying to clean up. Apparently, Galadriel had just called him (they had cell phones) to say she was coming over), and he was scared of her and decided to clean up before she got there. It was like she was his mom or his babysitter or something... Laugh

Unfortunately, I woke up before I could find out how *that* ended!

-- Argh, how did I get to Rohan without noticing??!! I wanted to do a celebratory special post, since Rohan is my favorite Middle-earth country. Ah, well. *sneaks off to go stalk Eomer...* Angelic Okay, okay, I won't.

*ahem* *sneaks off to go steal Eomer's van*

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Nov 20 2013, 5:22pm

Post #15 of 18 (68 views)
Shortcut
Lol! I wish... [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish there was such a thing as a dream-cam because I'd love to be able to show that dream to you all. It was so beautiful, vivid and fun! It may be awhile before I can get a story really developed, but I'm determined to take a shot at it, hopefully sooner rather than later. And if a movie does get made out of it, maybe you can help me write the soundtrack!WinkSmile

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Nov 20 2013, 5:46pm

Post #16 of 18 (62 views)
Shortcut
:D Thanks, but I play a lot better [In reply to] Can't Post

than I write. I can arrange a bit though--so I'm ready when you are!Cool

Pazeer
Rivendell

Nov 20 2013, 9:11pm

Post #17 of 18 (55 views)
Shortcut
Brilliant idea for a sitcom [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

Kim
Valinor

Nov 21 2013, 1:00am

Post #18 of 18 (74 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to Rohan! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll take a ride in the van too! Sly

I love how both of your dreams involved LEGOs - somehow that just makes it more fun!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.