Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Question regarding dragons "consuming" the first 2 dwarven rings of power

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Nov 17 2013, 7:29pm

Post #1 of 8 (746 views)
Shortcut
Question regarding dragons "consuming" the first 2 dwarven rings of power Can't Post

I finished watching the AUJ EE. The dragons swallowed the two rings? and they were destroyed inside their bellies of fire? If this is the case than couldn't a dragon consume the one ring?

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty....Oh will you please take me home!!

Constant Dreamer

Nov 17 2013, 7:44pm

Post #2 of 8 (469 views)
Shortcut
Dragon-fire [In reply to] Can't Post

Several of the dwarven Rings of Power were said to have been "consumed in dragon fire" (whether that means simply burned up or actually swallowed is unclear but I'd guess on the former), but in the Fellowship of the Ring Gandalf specifically states that not even the most powerful dragon ever to have existed (Ancalagon) could have destroyed the One Ring with his fire. The only possible place the Ring could be unmade was the same place where it was created, Mount Doom.

Faleel
Rohan

Nov 17 2013, 7:46pm

Post #3 of 8 (413 views)
Shortcut
I think [In reply to] Can't Post

Gandalf said that he "suspected" not that he knew for sure (seeing how there are no Dragons left at that time...)

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Nov 17 2013, 7:56pm

Post #4 of 8 (397 views)
Shortcut
it would be interesting if... [In reply to] Can't Post

we saw smaug breathe fire onto the ring and nothing happened.

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty....Oh will you please take me home!!

(This post was edited by MouthofSauron on Nov 17 2013, 7:57pm)

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Nov 17 2013, 11:53pm

Post #5 of 8 (223 views)
Shortcut
There were dragons, but none in whom the Olde Fire was hot enough. Dragonfire could [In reply to] Can't Post

consume the Rings of Power but there was never any dragon, "not even Ancalagon the Black" who could have destroyed the Ruling Ring.

In Reply To
Gandalf said that he "suspected" not that he knew for sure (seeing how there are no Dragons left at that time...)

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Nov 17 2013, 11:54pm

Post #6 of 8 (219 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo would be turned to Ash.. And all the writing on the Ring would be VERY clearly [In reply to] Can't Post

and obviously revealed.

In Reply To
we saw smaug breathe fire onto the ring and nothing happened.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Nov 18 2013, 2:11am

Post #7 of 8 (175 views)
Shortcut
true, still it would be cool to see the ring in "activate" mode [In reply to] Can't Post

Sildarion~Valenar
Bree

Nov 18 2013, 5:56am

Post #8 of 8 (138 views)
Shortcut
In a fanboyish/fangirlish way [In reply to] Can't Post

it would. Smile

But I really wouldn't like any kind of revelation of the nature of TOR in the hobbit.

To sum up my views on the first Hobbit film:

- It's not the Phantom Menace.
- The CGI is worse than LOTR
- Is it Freeman playing Bilbo or the other way round?
- Best villain - Goblin King
- Re: Bestest villain - Gollum
- Thorin is good but Bofur's the best!
- Too much attention on Armitage. Must rectify in DOS
- Azog is a weird heterogenous mixture of General Mandible and old Voldy. (which is bad)
- How many times will SIM have to play Gandalf to win an Oscar????
- I'm a Serkis-freak
- Freeman = Best hobbit till date
- Will I watch DOS? Are you outta yer freakin' mind!!!! Sure I would.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.