Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
What is considered "within the spirit of Tolkien" in the hobbit movie?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Snowghost77
Lorien

Nov 19 2013, 10:53am

Post #51 of 53 (40 views)
Shortcut
last thing about aragorn and ill stop... [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess for me...my humble opinion...book aragorn was just mister perfect gonna do the right thing always all the time. Movie aragorn came across a little different to me...more of a...I cant quite get a fix on this guy type of guy. A.. Im not really sure what hes gonna do kinda guy. Now of course I knew what was gonna happen, but even my friends who hadnt read the books, wondered if he was gonna ambush the hobbits at first. They kept asking me "whats up with this strider aragorn guy...is he a bad guy or good guy...is he really a king..sure doesn't look or act like one, but he sure is bad×%s! Right or wrong, thats just how I felt about the character. I liked book aragorn, but found movie aragorn more interresting.
Now I do feel kinda bad about highjacking this thread a bit...whoever started it, my bad! We were talking about Azog right?
Yall gonna have all kinds of heart attacks with my thoughts on him. I thought he was the coolest and most sinister and menacing orc tbey have yet created. My only gripe is that I wish they had given him some armor or something. His rendering and design was great. I liked his swagger and arrogance... in my HUMBLE OPINION. Please be nice.
Peace.

The path of the Warrior is paved in blood, sweat, tears and ultimately death. He weeps for the fallen, bleeds for the cause, and sweats till he dies.
In memory of operation FALLEN ANGEL and the mighty Heroes of SEAL team 6, the PJ's, SOCOM aviation, and all those who fell in the Tangi Valley.
- Task force Warrior will not forget you

Snowghost77
Lorien

Nov 19 2013, 11:18am

Post #52 of 53 (39 views)
Shortcut
in the spirit of tolkien... [In reply to] Can't Post

I dont usually go on like this, but I do find this topic amusing. I think movie azog has csptured the spirit of the chatacter tolkien had created. Book Azog seems to have been quite the arrogant and supremely confident orc, for the brief time he was written about. Movie azog seems to carry those same traits, and alot of his lines in the film seem to fit the book chatacter...in my opinion.
I know alot of people hate the canonical deviation jackson took with the character, and believe me, I too would have loved to have seen a verbatim visualization of the battle of azanulbizar. I always felt that many of those moments would have made great and epic scenes....however, I understand why they changed it, from a film standpoint. They needed an antagonist to pursue the company. I think it boils down to the fact that pj liked tolkiens Azog, and wanted to embellish and incorporate the character.
I know the argument that Bolg could have accomplished this just as well comes up alot, and I agree. Bolg could have done it seemingly perfect, but pj chose azog, and perhsps by the end of the trilogy we'll better understand why. I hope they tie all the loose ends, and give everyone a fulfilling conclusion to the whole azog ordeal.
All that aside, I do feel that movie azog is in fact in the same spirit as the character tolkien created in the books.

The path of the Warrior is paved in blood, sweat, tears and ultimately death. He weeps for the fallen, bleeds for the cause, and sweats till he dies.
In memory of operation FALLEN ANGEL and the mighty Heroes of SEAL team 6, the PJ's, SOCOM aviation, and all those who fell in the Tangi Valley.

Snowghost77
Lorien

Nov 19 2013, 11:32am

Post #53 of 53 (43 views)
Shortcut
btw, good point Starlesswinter. [In reply to] Can't Post

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.