Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
DOS Exclusive on TNT during Fellowship tonight

super_jj
The Shire

Nov 17 2013, 1:07am

Post #1 of 25 (1433 views)
Shortcut
DOS Exclusive on TNT during Fellowship tonight Can't Post

Just turned on Fellowship on TNT here in the states and saw they are going to have some sort of exclusive DOS (footage? preview?) not sure what exactly it will be. I hope I didn't miss it already.

Aragorn the Elfstone
Grey Havens

Nov 17 2013, 1:13am

Post #2 of 25 (687 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the heads up! [In reply to] Can't Post

Gonna turn TNT on right now. Smile

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible."
- T.E. Lawrence

AinurMäiron
The Shire

Nov 17 2013, 1:15am

Post #3 of 25 (731 views)
Shortcut
OMG [In reply to] Can't Post

I really expect a trailer or preview of some sort, I hate those clips like the one with Tauriel and the orc, they're soooo spoilerish!

Aragorn the Elfstone
Grey Havens

Nov 17 2013, 1:22am

Post #4 of 25 (734 views)
Shortcut
Ah, it's just a cut down version of the 3rd Trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

Just as well. Don't want too many spoilers. Tongue

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible."
- T.E. Lawrence

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Nov 17 2013, 1:23am)

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Nov 17 2013, 1:26am

Post #5 of 25 (673 views)
Shortcut
Did they already show it? [In reply to] Can't Post

I just got home from work, and i'd like to see it in HD.

Aragorn the Elfstone
Grey Havens

Nov 17 2013, 1:29am

Post #6 of 25 (689 views)
Shortcut
Yep... [In reply to] Can't Post

It played last commercial break. But the full trailer is available on the web in HD, if you're interested.

- T.E. Lawrence

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Nov 17 2013, 1:29am)

super_jj
The Shire

Nov 17 2013, 1:31am

Post #7 of 25 (660 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

But they could show it again? I really have no idea. I was personally hoping for something new. But it was just a trailer. Even if it was just the Orc scene again I would have been fine with it since it would have been better quality then the versions floating around on the net.

cats16
Valinor

Nov 17 2013, 5:55am

Post #8 of 25 (557 views)
Shortcut
TNT and WB made a smart move... [In reply to] Can't Post

It makes perfect sense to air some sort of DOS material with their semi-regular showings of the trilogy. I prefer to watch them on DVD, but it's nice to know that they're active during this period for the new films.

Kim
Valinor

Nov 17 2013, 7:29am

Post #9 of 25 (558 views)
Shortcut
Just saw it! [In reply to] Can't Post

It actually looks like it's a re-cut of scenes from the 2 official trailers and the sneak peak, plus a few extra new clips. At the end, it had a note about when advance tickets go on sale in the US, so I'm guessing that's why it's showing up this week.

Peterthorn of Rohan
Rivendell

Nov 17 2013, 7:58am

Post #10 of 25 (521 views)
Shortcut
What new clips? [In reply to] Can't Post

Pazeer
Rivendell

Nov 17 2013, 12:07pm

Post #11 of 25 (415 views)
Shortcut
There is nowhere to hide? [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw theonering.net and several other wrote that on both facebook and twitter, so I assumed they showed some new clips last night?
Did you see the entire thing? If so, were there any new clips?

Kim
Valinor

Nov 17 2013, 9:22pm

Post #12 of 25 (262 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

There were some new snippets mixed in with what we've seen before, re-arranged in a new order. There wasn't a voice-over at the beginning like the other trailers. Unfortunately, I don't remember specifically a lot of the new bits. There was a scene of Bilbo trying to gather his courage and Balin encouraging him, it felt like it was what happens right before the scene from the sneak peek, and I think is the visual to match what we heard in tv spot #4, followed by Bilbo going down the tunnel from the secret door. There was also a longer shot of Gandalf when he was talking about the enemy preparing for war.

It ended with a wide shot of the treasure room and Smaug saying something like "there is nowhere to hide."

It felt like it was about a minute long. I don't see it posted online yet, but I'm sure it will be soon.

Pazeer
Rivendell

Nov 17 2013, 9:29pm

Post #13 of 25 (235 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

That sounded great, can't wait to see it online! Smile

Kim
Valinor

Nov 17 2013, 9:31pm

Post #14 of 25 (238 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, it was another one of those [In reply to] Can't Post

situations where I basically held my breath during the whole thing, trying to take it all in, but couldn't quite process everything as I was seeing it. Smile

DuBekar
Rivendell

Nov 17 2013, 10:46pm

Post #15 of 25 (206 views)
Shortcut
Heard anything? [In reply to] Can't Post

Really want too see that clip xD

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuiviènen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

Kim
Valinor

Nov 18 2013, 1:11am

Post #16 of 25 (163 views)
Shortcut
No, sorry [In reply to] Can't Post

I've checked the WB youtube page a couple of times, but nothing new yet. Will post a link if I come across it. I'm sure somebody on TORn will spot it at some point!

Avandel
Valinor

Nov 18 2013, 1:30am

Post #17 of 25 (162 views)
Shortcut
Me too. [In reply to] Can't Post

And there I was wasting my time watching MIB 2 (again) last night ):

Aragorn the Elfstone
Grey Havens

Nov 18 2013, 1:54am

Post #18 of 25 (170 views)
Shortcut
Don't know if it was the same one... [In reply to] Can't Post

that ran during TTT, but they just ran a 30 second spot during 'Almost Human' that had the new stuff in it. Smile

- T.E. Lawrence

Kim
Valinor

Nov 18 2013, 2:09am

Post #19 of 25 (145 views)
Shortcut
Ooh, cool, I'll check that out when it comes on here // [In reply to] Can't Post

SaltedPork
Bree

Nov 18 2013, 3:30am

Post #20 of 25 (125 views)
Shortcut
Same thing during another show! [In reply to] Can't Post

There was a 30 second thing during The Walking Dead tonight. And it had Smaug saying there is nowhere to hide and maybe a new clip of Bilbo near the hidden door and a new shot or two of Tauriel fighting orcs. I think thats it. Seems like its the same thing that has been on in these during these other shows.

super_jj
The Shire

Nov 18 2013, 3:46am

Post #21 of 25 (124 views)
Shortcut
Clip now on Facebook [In reply to] Can't Post

They just posted what I think may be the clip on The Hobbit's Facebook page. They are calling it TV spot #6.

tarasaurus
Rohan

Nov 18 2013, 3:54am

Post #22 of 25 (141 views)
Shortcut
Here is the clip! [In reply to] Can't Post

clicky

Kim
Valinor

Nov 18 2013, 4:02am

Post #23 of 25 (109 views)
Shortcut
That's actually different than what I saw last night [In reply to] Can't Post

The version I saw was longer and a different cut (ie Smaug's line was at the end). That bit with Bilbo saying "I must try" was in there though.

super_jj
The Shire

Nov 18 2013, 4:36am

Post #24 of 25 (101 views)
Shortcut
Just watched it [In reply to] Can't Post

and it was different then what I saw too.

Kim
Valinor

Nov 18 2013, 4:52am

Post #25 of 25 (100 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, just saw #6 during Almost Human [In reply to] Can't Post

I like what we saw last night better Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.